CA Foundation Registration: Institute of Chartered Accountant of India (ICAI) has started the ICAI online registration for the November session. The CA Foundation application process is yet to begin for November session. The CA Foundation online application schedule will be announced by ICAI and the same will be updated here.
Here in this article, we are providing details regarding CA Foundation Registration 2020.
CA Foundation Registration 2020
The demand of CA exam is booming day by day because of its bright future scope. But it is a tough course which is easy to enrol but hard to clear the exam.
ICAI has replaced CPT with CA Foundation. Exams for the Foundation course held half-yearly. One is in May, and another is in November.
CA Foundation 2020 registration is an ongoing process and can be done by visiting the official website. For more information about CA Foundation 2020 Registration, candidates can check the schedule given below:
|CA Foundation 2020||May 2020||Nov 2020|
|Availability of CA Foundation Exam Form||05 Feb 2020||Available!|
|Last date to fill CA Foundation application form||26 Feb 2020|
|Last date to submit application form with late fee||04 Mar 2020||up to 04 Sep 2020|
|Application Form Reopened||–||09 – 11 Sep 2020|
|Online facility for seeking changes||–||07 – 13 Sep 2020|
|Last date for receipt of print out of online
examination application form duly filled up
|09 Mar 2020||to be announced|
|Correct window opens||07-13 Mar 2020||to be announced|
|Correction window reopens||till 13 Sep 2020|
|Opt out facility restarted||
21 Jun to 7 Jul 2020
Download CA Foundation Ultimate Study Materials to Boost Preparation
|CA Foundation Study Packages||CA Foundation Study Materials|
|CA Foundation Scanners||CA Foundation Combo Study Materials|
Eligibility For CA Foundation 2020 Registration
You will be eligible to register for this course after,
- Appearing in the 12th examinations conducted by an examining body recognised by the State or Central Government.
- Passing in the 12th examinations organised by an examining body recognised by the State or Central Government.
Step By Step CA Foundation Registration 2020 Process
You can easily register for the course by filling the online CA Foundation application form available on ICAI website. Follow this step by step process to apply online.
- Visit official ICAI site i.e. icai.org
- Now you should click on the Course Registration form under Students Tab to get ICAI Foundation registration form.
- You have to create your login id and password by filling personal details like,
- Your name,
- contact no,
- E-mail, etc.
- Set the password to your account.
- After filling the form, an OTP will be generated. Now submit the OTP received on your mobile number to the complete verification process.
- Now you have to submit details in 3 different levels.
- After accomplishment of submission all the details, you should upload the necessary document on the third window.
- You have to pay a fee online from the last window
- After successful completion of payment, automatically generated CA Application form will appear. You have to send duly signed printed application form to the concerned regional office within seven days along with the following documents
Documents You Require for ICAI Foundation Registration
- You should have an attested copy of the Admit Card/ Marksheet of class 12th Examination issued by the respective board.
- You have to affix your latest coloured photograph on the hard copy of the CA Foundation registration form.
- If you are a foreigner, you must submit an attested copy of the proof of Nationality.
- You should have an attested copy of the proof of special category certificate, i.e. ST/ SC/ OBC or differently-abled.
- You have to submit an attested copy of the 10th Marksheet/ Admit card of 10th class indicating the Name and Date of Birth.
CA Foundation Fees
Registration fees for the CA Foundation course are given below in the table
Details of Fee
For Indian Nationals (Rs)
For Foreign Students (USD)
Cost of Foundation Prospectus
Subscription for student’s Journal (For One Year ) (Optional)
Subscription for member’s Journal (For One Year ) (Optional)
Registration Letter of CA Foundation
ICAI issues CA Foundation course registration letter for the students who have registered for this course. It takes around one month to reach the registration letter to reach your address. In case time has passed then you can inquire with the regional office.
You can also download the registration letter online –
The candidate has to go on the ICAI official site (www.icai.org), then click on the e-services at the top of the site on the right side.
- After clicking on the e-services you will found Reprint Letter under the head Members and Students.
- There you need to select the type of letter which you want to get print i.e. registration for CA Foundation course.
- After selecting the letter type you need to select the candidate type i.e. student.
- Now, you have to enter your registration number and thereafter date of birth.
- After submitting the above details you can get print of your acknowledgment letter.
Why You Need CA Foundation Registration Letter Before the Exam
It is always advised by ICAI to bring your CA Foundation registration letter along with the admit card. In the absence of the availability of admit cards, If a student has a registration letter then he/she can appear in the examination after some procedures.
If you lost your registration number, the registration letter helps in claiming your registration number.
How to Check the CA Foundation Registration Status Online
To ensure your CA Foundation Nov 2020 registration, you need to check your CA Foundation 2020 registration status. By these two methods, check and confirm your registration.
- At the end of your CA Foundation course registration procedure, you receive a confirmation mail including your registration number and password. It confirms your registration.
- You can also check your registration status here from the above registration letter link. If you can successfully access your registration letter, it confirms your registration.
How To Fill CA Foundation Application Form 2020?
After the successful registration of CA Foundation 2020, candidates will have to fill the CA Application form. The steps to fill the application form is as follows:
- 1st Step: Visit the official website icaiexam.icai.org
- 2nd Step: Click on the tab ‘Login/ Register’
- 3rd Step: Enter ‘Login ID’ and ‘Password’ and click on ‘Login’ or for new user click on ‘New Users Register Here’
- 4th Step: Enter the basic details such as name, email ID, Mobile number, gender, etc and click on the button ‘Register’
- 5th Step: A ‘Registration Number’ and ‘Password’ will be generated. Make a note of it and click on button ‘Complete Your Profile’
- 6th Step: Now continue to fill the application form with personal, educational and other essential details. Click on the button ‘Save & Next’
- 7th Step: Now make the payment through online mode such as VISA or MASTER or MAESTRO credit card/ debit card/ Rupay card/ net banking/ BHIM UPI.
- 8th Step: Now, take a print of the filled application form for future reference.
CA Foundation Application Fee 2020
Check the CA Foundation Application Fee details from the table below:
|Exam Centre||Application Fee|
|For Indian Centres||Rs. 1500/-|
|For Katmandu (Nepal) Centre||Rs. 2200/-|
|For Overseas Centres (Abu Dhabi, Doha, Dubai, Muscat)||US$ 325|
CA Foundation Online Application Late Fee
Candidates who do not apply online for CA Foundation May session on or before February 26 will have to pay a late fee to apply online till March 04, 2020. The CA Foundation Late Fee Details are as follows:
|Exam Centre||Application Late Fee|
|For Indian Centres||Rs. 600/-|
|For Katmandu and Other Overseas Centres||US$ 10|
Now you have a complete guide on CA Foundation Registration Process. If you have any questions related to CA Foundation Registration, please let us know in the comment section.