Tips to Crack IIT JEE Subject-wise
IIT JEE is one of the major gateways for engineering stream aspiring candidates. Every student dreams about entering into an IIT college. But this is a tough path which requires hard work and determination. Students should make a timetable for preparation of IIT. As it consists of two levels: JEE mains and JEE advanced, it is important to be well versed with all topics. There are millions of candidates taking up this exam and it is national level exam conducted across many centers in India. Here are few tips on how to prepare for IIT JEE subject wise.
- For Mathematics in JEE Advanced, one should pay more attention to Vectors and 3D. Previous IIT JEE paper analysis also suggests that Complex Numbers and Definite Integral are also asked frequently. Complex numbers are quite useful in solve coordinate geometry too. Integral calculus too can be used to simplify problems and save a lot of time.
- Matrices can be used to solve equations. A 3X3 matrix visualized as three-planed 3D geometry, determinants that can be broken as two using a common summand from a row or column, and other such properties can help students take on tougher questions in less time.
- In Coordinate geometry, the trick is to acquire good knowledge about various conic sections and learn to break down tougher questions to simpler basic ones and then, solve the question.
- Using graphs to solve Algebra functions take less time. So, learn to apply vertical and horizontal origin shifts well. Differential Calculus, especially Rolle’s and Lagrange’s theorem, can help you solve the roots of equations. Useful in solving trigonometric questions. Prepare Permutation – Combination, and Probability well with special focus Baye’s theorem, derangements and various ways of distribution. You should pay special attention to the fact that objects are identical or not.
- In Inorganic Chemistry, Coordination Chemistry and Chemical Bonding are important. Most of the questions are related to concepts related to structure, processes, and applications.
- In Organic Chemistry, General section, Stereochemistry, and Functional Group Analysis are important.
- Speed matters in Chemistry. So, practicing questions with conceptual clarity and applied knowledge of concepts can go a long way in solving Chemistry questions. Special attention should be given to topics like Chemical Equilibrium, Mole concept, and Electrochemistry.
- Mechanics should not be neglected in JEE Advanced as many questions are asked from this topic. Most questions in Mechanics are related to Particle Dynamics and Kinematics.
- To score more, topics Optics, Electricity and Magnetism, and Modern Physics are best.
- Thermodynamics is an important topic both in Physics and Chemistry that can be covered quickly too. One should take it up after mastering Wave Optics.
There are sites offering e-books or digital books for preparation of IIT JEE. Students can buy study materials for preparation.