Surprising stats about usage of eBooks in India.
- 73% of college students (Sample size of 500 ) said they can not study without technology.
- 70% of students use keyboards to take notes (no more paper).
- 38% of students can not go 10 mins without checking their email on tablet, laptop or smartphone.
- 91% of students use email to communicate with professors.
- 98% of students who own an ereader read etextbooks.
- 65% use digital devices to create presentations.
- Students spent 13 Billion $ on electronics in 2009.
- Digital textbooks cost approximately 40% less than printed textbooks.
- Retailers are selling 400$ netbooks use by students primarily for term papers and note taking.