Staff Selection Commission is one of the largest government sector recruiting candidates for various positions in the Government sector. Every year SSC conducts numerous examinations to fill in the vacancies across the country. There are lakhs of applicants every year. SSC recruits candidates for Central Police Organization (CPO) department. Candidates are recruited for various posts under SSC CPO examination which includes Sub Inspector in Delhi Police and Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), and Assistant Sub Inspector in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). Under CAPF, the following units come – Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP), Seema Suraksha Bal (SSB), and Central Industrial Security Force (CISF). Candidates who are interested in SSC CPO field can now its salary and job profile. Hence, in this blog, you can know about SSC CPO Salary and Job profile.
SSC CPO Salary
|Post Name||Level||Salary/Pay Scale|
|Sub Inspector in Delhi Police (Male/ Female)||6||Rs. 35400-112400/-|
|Sub Inspector in CAPF||6||Rs. 35400-112400/-|
|Assistant Sub-Inspector(ASI) in CISF||6||Rs. 29200-92300/-|
Apart from salary, SSC CPO employees are entitled to various allowances like house rent, traveling, and many more. The House Rent Allowance and Travelling Allowance vary for the Sub Inspectors depending on the job location. The allowance varies for all cities according to the HRA classification adopted by the Indian Government. Below is the table comprising allowances based on types of cities.
|Types of cities||HRA||Travelling Allowance||Gross Salary||Salary in Hand|
|X cities||Rs 8496/-||Rs 3600/-||Rs 47,496/-||Rs 41,231/-|
|Y cities||Rs 5664/-||Rs 1800/-||Rs 42,864/-||Rs 36,600/-|
|Z cities||Rs 2832/-||Rs 1800/-||Rs 42,864/-||Rs 33,767/-|
SSC CPO Job Profile- Post-Wise Job Responsibilities
Under SSC CPO Job Profile we have different posts. So, here we have listed out the responsibilities of each post. CAPFs (Central Armed Police Forces) comes under the Home Ministry and includes the below-mentioned forces.
- BSF (Border Security Force)
- CRPF (Central Reserve Police Force)
- ITBP (Indo-Tibetan Border Police)
- SSB (Seema Suraksha Bal)
- CISF (Central Industrial Security Force)
1. Responsibility of BSF:
- Protecting the border between India & Pakistan
- Promoting the sense of security among the citizens
- Preventing trans-border crimes and assists in the control of refugees
2. Responsibility of CRPF:
- controlling riots & Naxalites.
3. Responsibility of ITPB:
- Protecting the border between India & China (from Ladakh to Arunachal Pradesh)
- Promoting the sense of security among citizens by providing security at northern borders
- Preventing the violation of border
- Preventing trans-border smuggling, anti-national activities and illegal immigration
4. Responsibility of SSB:
- Protecting Indo – Nepal and Indo – Bhutan borders
- Preventing cross-border crimes, smuggling and anti-national activities
5. Responsibility of CISF:
- Providing security to various PSU’s, important infrastructures
- Protecting the Government infrastructure projects and industrial units
Thus, this is all about the SSC CPO Salary and Job Profile. So, if you are interested to join CPO then you can start your preparations in advance with updated SSC CPO Books. Make sure to keep checking our blog to stay updated with the latest information regarding examinations.