South Indian Bank PO Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2019
South Indian Bank is one of the reputed banking sectors in India. The bank conducts various recruitment drives for filling in various positions. Currently, the South Indian Bank Recruitment has begun for Probationary Officer (PO). There are a large number of candidates who have applied for the PO post. The South Indian Bank PO Exam is scheduled in the month of June. Hope candidates have begun their preparation for the examination. To ease out your preparation we have provided the detailed South Indian Bank Syllabus and Exam Pattern for PO. Candidates can go through the detailed syllabus and pattern here for preparing well.
South Indian Bank Exam Pattern 2019
The South Indian Bank PO Exam Pattern includes two stages:
Phase 1: Online Aptitude Test
Phase 2: Group Discussion and Personal Interview
Check out the below table for detailed Online Aptitude Exam Pattern. The Online Aptitude stage has four sections: English language, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation and General/ Bank/Economic Awareness. There is a negative marking of 0.25 for each wrong answer.
|Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Marks||Time Duration|
|Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||40||50||40 minutes|
|General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||50||40 minutes|
|English Language||40||50||40 minutes|
|Data Analysis & Interpretation||40||50||20 minutes|
South Indian Bank Syllabus 2019
As you know the SIB PO recruitment process involves two stages – Online Test and Group Discussion & Personal Interview.
The online aptitude test has four sections- English Language, Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, Data Analysis & Interpretation, General / Economy / Banking Awareness. Here is the detailed section-wise syllabus provided below.
South Indian Bank PO Syllabus for the English Language
The English Language mainly tests a candidate’s knowledge of grammar, comprehension, and vocabulary.
- Reading Comprehension
- Cloze Test
- Spotting Errors
- Sentence Improvement/ Correction
- Para Jumbles
- Sentence/ Para Completion
- Sentence Connectors
- Fill in the blanks
- Vocabulary based questions (Synonym-Antonyms, Misspelt words, Idioms & Phrases, etc)
South Indian Bank PO Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Banker’s Discount
- Boats and Streams
- Chain Rule
- Decimal Fractions
- C.F. and L.C.M.
- Height and Distance
- Mixture and Allegation
- Permutations and
- Pipes and Cistern
- Profit and Loss
- Races and Games
- Series – Odd Man Out
- Series – Find Missing Number
- Simple Interest
- Compound Interest
- Square Root and Cube Root
- Stocks and Shares
- Surds and Indices
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- More Questions at
- Discussion Board etc.
South Indian Bank PO Syllabus for Reasoning Ability
- Seating Arrangement
- Input – Output
- Data Sufficiency
- Logical Reasoning
- Blood Relations
- Distance & Direction
- Series based questions (Alphanumeric/ Numeric/ Alphabet)
- Alphabet Test
- Order and Ranking
South Indian Bank PO Syllabus for General awareness
- Current Affairs (National and International)
- Major Financial / Economic News
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Books and Authors
- Awards and Honours
- Science – Inventions and Discoveries
- Important Days
- International and National Organizations are some related topics
Thus, candidates can start preparing well for the exam with a wide range of Bank PO Books available online. Stay tuned to our site for more information related to the South Indian Bank Recruitment.
- 71% OffEbook₹85.00 ₹2571% OffEbook₹125.00 ₹3710% OffEbook₹225.00 ₹202.500070% OffEbook₹140.00 ₹4270% OffEbook₹140.00 ₹4271% OffEbook₹115.00 ₹3470% OffEbook₹130.00 ₹3930% OffEbook₹68.00 ₹47.600060% OffEbookTopicwise Solved Papers For IBPS/ SBI Bank PO/ Clerk Prelim & Main Exam (2010-18) Quantitative Aptitude₹240.00 ₹96.000060% OffEbook₹100.00 ₹40.000030% OffEbook₹35.00 ₹24.500070% OffEbook₹170.00 ₹5170% OffEbook₹150.00 ₹4570% OffEbook₹130.00 ₹3930% OffEbook₹50.00 ₹35.000040% OffEbook₹60.00 ₹36.000050% OffEbook₹160.00 ₹80.000050% OffEbook₹30.00 ₹15.000050% OffEbook₹30.00 ₹15.0000
You may also like...