RRB ALP Selection Process 2021 is explained in this article. RRB ALP exam is known as Railway Recruitment Boards Assistant Loco Pilot and Technicians Exam. This exam is conducted to recruit candidates into the Indian Railways.
The candidates will be able to access the RRB notification for the posts of Assistant Loco Pilots and Technicians by visiting the official website of RRB (official website). The candidate can apply for the RRB ALP 2021 recruitment process in an online mode. This recruitment process for RRB Assistant Loco Pilot includes two stages of CBT followed by:-
- Computer-Based Aptitude Test
- document verification round.
RRB ALP Selection Process 2021
The exam is conducted in multiple phases, first stage CBT, Second stage CBT, Computer Based Aptitude Test (CBAT), and Document Verification. However, the notification about the important dates of the Examination has not been released yet.
In this article, you will get information about RRB ALP Selection Process 2021, vacancies, pay scale, and more.
RRB ALP Selection Process 2021- Exam Key Highlights
In this section, the candidates will get information about the exam.
- The exam is conducted by Railway Recruitment Board.
- The application will be done in an online manner
- It is a national-level exam.
- The official website of Railways through which the candidate gets all the information about the Examination.
RRB ALP Selection Process 2021- Recruitment Stages
The Railway Recruitment Board follows a set of a process known as the RRB ALP Recruitment Process to Select candidates for the posts of Assistant Loco Pilots and Technicians in different RRBs. Here are details of the RRB ALP Selection Process 2021.
RRB ALP First Stage CBT
The first stage of the RRB ALP and Technician exam is a computer-based test and it is qualifying in nature. This paper has:-
- It contains 75 objective-type questions which are MCQ and the total time given for the candidate is 60 minutes.
In this section, each question carries 1 mark and the total mark of the paper is 75. Also, there will be negative marking for incorrect answers and 1/3rd mark will be deducted for every wrong answer.
RRB ALP Second Stage CBT
The candidates who qualify for the first stage cut-off will have to appear for CBT 2. In this stage, the question paper will have two parts as Part A and Part B. In this section:-
- Part A includes 100 questions and the total time will be given to the candidate will be 90 minutes.
- Part B will have 75 questions and the duration of the paper will be 60 minutes.
However, there is negative marking and 1/3rd marks will be deducted for one wrong answer.
RRB ALP CBAT
This stage is the computer-based examination aptitude test. This is applicable only for Assistant Loco Pilot posts. However, the question paper is available in both Hindi and English. In this stage there are five test batters, candidates need to score certain marks in each test battery to qualify for the exam.
RRB ALP Selection Process 2021- Document Verification
Now comes the role of document verification. As the candidate who clears all the above-mentioned stages, they are called for document verification by the respective RRBs. The document which will be required at the time of Verification will be:-
- Matriculation/ High School Certificate as Proof of date of birth.
- 10-2/ Higher Secondary/ PUC
- SC/ST Certificate
- OBC NCL Certificate
- Non Creamy layer declaration
- Income certificate
- Aadhar card
- Graduation or equivalent to it degree
- Minority community declaration
- NOC from government Servants
- Medical certificate for PwB candidate
- Receipt of payment is made through a challan at SBI Branch
- Self Certification by the Transgender Candidates
- J and K Domicile Certificate
- Certificate of eligibility
- Death certificate of spouse in case of a widow
- Decree of divorce stating the candidate is not remarried.
Also if any candidate fails to submit original documents or if any document is found fake, the candidate of that candidate will be canceled.
RRB ALP Selection Process 2021- Important Dates 2021
The notification regarding the RRB ALP Selection Process 2021- important dates has not been released yet. However, there is an idea that when exams will be conducted.
- Notification Released for the RRB ALP exam is February 2021.
- The Application Process has started in February 2021.
- The last date to apply for the exam was March 2021
- The last date of fee payment was March 2021
- The first stage of the exam which is CBT will begin in August 2021
- Declaration of result will be announced soon.
- The second stage of the CBT exam will be conducted in December 2021.
- Now the result of the CBT stage two date has announced yet.
- The date for RRB ALP CBAT 2021 date will be announced soon
RRB ALP Vacancies 2021
The Railway Recruitment Board is yet to release the recruitment notification for RRB ALP. The vacancies for all the RRB’s are available in the Centralised Employment Notice (CEN). Before the release of the notification for the RRB ALP Selection Process 2021. Here is the list of vacancies.
- Ajmer- 1221 vacancies
- Guwahati- 422 vacancies
- Muzaffarpur- 465 vacancies
- Thiruvananthapuram- 345 vacancies
- Secunderabad- 3,262
- Patna- 454
- Malda- 880
- Jammu Srinagar- 367
- Gorakhpur- 1588
- Chennai- 945
- Bhubaneswar- 702
- Ahmedabad- 165
- Bangalore- 1,054
- Bhopal- 1679
- Bilaspur- 945
- Chandigarh- 1546
- Kolkata- 1864
- Mumbai- 1425
- Ranchi- 2043
- Siliguri- 477
- Allahabad- 4694
RRB ALP Selection Process 2021- Salary Details
The selected candidates are paid a salary as per Level 2 of the 7th CPC pay matrix. This salary Structure will be as:-
- At stage 1 of 7th CPC Level 2, the basic pay scale at the start will be Rs 19,900
- At stage 49 of the 7th CPC Level 2, the basic pay at the maximum level will be Rs 63,200.
How to Apply for RRB ALP Exam 2021?
The candidate can follow these steps to apply for the exam. As the application will be done in an online manner only. So follow these steps:-
- First, visit the official website
- Click on the tab for the RRB ALP Recruitment details
- Click on the link button stating New Registration
- Now enter the details such as Name, Date of Birth, Aadhar Number, Address, Parent’s Name, Class 10th Details, Mobile Number, and Email ID
- Review and confirm the details filled
- Fill in the complete details including educational qualification, community, gender, reservation, details, and more.
- Pay the application fee depending upon the category
- Upload the documents including a photograph, SC/ST certificate, and scribe photograph in the specified format.
FAQ’s – RRB ALP Selection Process
1. What is the salary offered to Assistant Loco Pilot by RRB?
The initial basic salary of RRV ALP is Rs 19,900 as per the level of 7th CPC per matrix.
2. What is the age limit for RRB ALP?
The candidate must have age between 18 years to 28 years.
3. Is ITI degree compulsory for Loco Pilot?
Yes, ITI Degree is compulsory for Loco Pilot.