NCERT solutions for class 11 maths chapter 8 binomial theorem are prepared precisely according to the CBSE guidelines. These solutions have step by step answers to all the exercise questions available in the textbook & are easy to understand.
The students can download NCERT solutions for class 11 maths chapter 8 PDF to study offline. Practicing these solutions assist the students to clear their doubts & solve the problems faster. These solutions assist students while doing their homework.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 8 Binomial Theorem
NCERT solutions for class 11 maths chapter 8 include the study of essential topics like Positive Integral Indices, Pascal’s Triangle, Binomial theorem for any positive integer and some special cases. The students can get high marks in the exams with ease by practicing these solutions for all the questions available in the textbook.
There is a total of three exercises including the miscellaneous exercise in this chapter that assists the students to understand the concepts related to the Binomial Theorem in detail.
You can download CBSE Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 8 Binomial Theorem from below.
What will you learn in CBSE Class 11 Maths Chapter 8 Binomial Theorem?
In previous classes, the students have learned how to find the squares and cubes of binomials like (a + b) and (a – b). Using them, they can evaluate the numerical values of numbers such as (98)2 = (100 – 2)2 , (999)3 = (1000 – 1)3, more.
But for higher powers such as (98)5, (101)6, the calculations become difficult & this difficulty was overcome by a theorem i.e Binomial Theorem that provides an easier way to expand (a + b)n, where n is an integer or a rational number. In class 11 maths chapter 8 solutions, they will study the Binomial Theorem for positive integral indices only. In elementary algebra, the binomial theorem defines the algebraic expansion of powers of a binomial.
The students well versed in the history of Binomial Theorem, statement and proof of the binomial theorem for positive integral indices, Pascal’s triangle, General and middle term in binomial expansion, & simple applications of Binomial theorem.
The major concepts of Maths covered in class 11 maths chapter 8 are:
- Introduction to Binomial Theorem
- Binomial Theorem for Positive Integral Indices (Pascal’s Triangle)
- Binomial theorem for any positive integer n,
- Some special cases
- General and Middle Terms
- Class 11 maths chapter 8 exercise 8.1 solutions – 14 Questions
- Class 11 maths chapter 8 exercise 8.2 solutions – 12 Questions
- solutions for class 11 maths chapter 8 miscellaneous exercise – 10 Questions
Theorems and formulas used in chapter
- The expansion of a binomial for any positive integral n is given by the Binomial Theorem i.e (a+b)n = nC0 an + nC1 an – 1b + nC2 an – 2b2 + …+ nCn – 1a.bn – 1 + nCn bn
- The coefficients of the expansions are arranged in an array which is called Pascal’s triangle.
- The general term of an expansion (a + b)n is Tr + 1 = nCr an – r . br
We have covered the complete guide on CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Maths Chapter 8 Binomial Theorem. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.