KVPY-Scholarship Application Form 2015 Apply Online
WHAT IS THE KVPY?
The KVPY or “Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana” is an ongoing program started by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to encourage students of Basic Sciences, Engineering and Medicine to take up research careers in these areas.
The aim of the program is to identify and encourage talented students with aptitude for research. This programme strives to assist the students to realize their potential and to ensure that the best scientific talent is tapped for research and development in the country. Generous scholarships are provided (up to the pre-Ph.D. level) to the selected students.
Stream SA: Students joining in the XI Standard (Science Subjects) and having secured a minimum of 75% (65% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science in the X Standard Board Examination.
Stream SB: Students pursuing First Year B.Sc. degree / M.Sc. Integrated (UG Programme) in Basic Sciences and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks in aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in the XII Standard Board Examination.
Students of Class 12 (+2) who are aspiring to join IISER for Integrated M. S. programme may also take the KVPY Aptitude Test for the SB Stream provided they secure a minimum of 75% marks (65% for SC/ST) aggregate in Mathematics and Science subjects in XII Standard Board Examination.
Stream SP: Students pursuing XI, XII standard, First or Second year of any UG programme in Basic Sciences and having secured a minimum of 60% (50% for SC/ST) marks aggregate in X Standard and XII Standard Board examination may apply by completing a science based research project. The report of the project, chosen and executed by the applicant and supervised by a teacher/professional in the relevant field, to be submitted along with the application. Based on the project submitted and scrutiny of application forms, short listed candidates are called for an interview, which is the final stage of the selection procedure. The interview will be conducted at Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore during the month of December or first week of January. Application without the project report is not considered.
Note for Students applying for Science Stream (SP)
This has been started in order to recognize and encourage creative and innovative talent of youngsters pursuing Science. The project carried out as part of this application should be based on novel and innovative ideas. The project can be experimental or theoretical in nature. However, the project must show that the applicant is creative and adventurous, and ready to explore. The project should not merely reflect use of certain techniques or reporting of routine experimentation improvement of an existing product or a technique may be accepted provided such improvement involves original ideas and creativity. One may try to incorporate some addition to the design or practical implementation that improves an existing technique. The main criteria that would be followed for selection for the interview would be originality and innovation. Only after these criteria are met, the level of sophistication and the nature of the project would be taken into consideration.
Students who represent India in the International Olympiads Physics / Chemistry / Biology / Mathematics / Informatics and Astronomy will automatically qualify for KVPY Fellowship.
ADMISSION TO IISERS
(AUTONOMOUS INSTITUTIONS CREATED BY MHRD, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA)
KVPY Fellows will automatically be eligible for direct admission to the five-year Integrated M.S. Programme conducted by Indian Institute for Science Education and Research (IISER)
Application for KVPY-2015 must be done online only.
- There are three steps to complete your application successfully;
- Step 1. Registration.
- Step 2. Filling personal and academic details, choosing test centre and uploading photo, signature and other certificates as applicable.
- Step 3. Payment of application fees. Please note that you must pay the fees only at the KVPY application portal. This can be done either by using a credit card/ATM-Debit card/Net Banking or by downloading a Challan from the application portal. No other means of payment will be accepted.
- The application fee for KVPY-2015 are as follows: For General Category/OBC: Rs. 1000+KVAT @ 5.5%=Rs. 1055 For SC/ST/PWD: Rs. 500+KVAT @ 5.5%= Rs. 528
- These steps are described in detail here.
- It is strongly recommended that candidates read the instructions carefully before attempting to fill the online form.
- Click here to apply for KVPY 2015
- Mock Computer Based Test of KVPY Aptitude Test – click below:
Stream: SA (English Language) , (Hindi Language)
Stream: SB (English Language) , (Hindi Language)
Stream: SX (English Language) , (Hindi Language)
- An online version of the KVPY aptitude test 2015 will be held in the following cities:Bangalore, Bhopal, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Chennai, Dehradun, Delhi, Hyderabad, Jaipur, Jamshedpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, Nagpur, Pune, Vadodara, Varanasi, Vijayawada, Visakhapatnam
- Hard copy version of the KVPY aptitude test 2015 will be held in the following cities:Agarthala, Agra, Allahabad, Ambala, Aurangabad, Bhavnagar, Guwahati, Hubli, Jammu, Jodhpur, Madurai, Mangalore, Patna, Raipur, Salem, Siliguri, Trivandrum
|Opening of online application portal||: 12th July 2015|
|Last date for closing of online application||: 30 August 2015|
|Download Admit Card||: 5th October 2015|
|Exam Date||: 1st November 2015|