The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore has notified the dates for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2016. The exam is scheduled to be conducted over a span of one week, from January 30 to February 7, 2016.
The competitive exam is conducted every year as a gateway to postgraduate courses at the Master’s and Doctoral level across the country, and also to MHRD and other Government Scholarships, Assistantships in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and Science. The score obtained by candidates in GATE is also used by few PSUs during their recruitment.
The paper pattern for the competitive exam is detailed below:
- The exam will comprise of a single paper
- It will be a Computer Based Test (CBT)
- It will be for a duration of three hours
- The paper will consist of 65 questions
- The candidates will be shown the questions in a random sequence
- It will be for a total of 100 marks
- The paper will carry Multiple Choice Question (MCQs) and Numerical Answer Type question
- The candidates will be able to answer the question using the mouse or the virtual keyboard, the computer’s keyboard will be disabled
- The candidates will be given blank paper sheets in order to carry out rough work, they will have to return these sheets before exiting the exam hall
- The candidates will not get any extra time, the computer screen will shut down itself after the completion of three hours
The aspirants can apply online at www.gate.iisc.ernet.in.