GATE 2016: All you should know
The Indian Institute of Science (IISc) has published the notification of the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE 2016. The exam is slated to be held from January 30 to February 7, 2016. The candidates can find below the basic features of GATE 2016.
- The examination will be conducted through Online (Computer Based Test). The online examination paper will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate. Rest of the questions shall be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type.
- Biometric information (Photograph and Fingerprints) for randomly selected candidates may be captured before the examination.
- GATE 2016 examinations will be held during the forenoon and afternoon sessions on weekends (Saturday and Sunday) between 30th January 2016 and 7th Feb 2016. The examination for some of the papers in GATE 2016 will be held in multiple sessions. The detailed information will intimated to the candidates later.
- For GATE 2016 the entire process of filling up of application form, uploading of certificates/documents etc., will be online and the candidates should not send any hard copy of their application form/documents etc., to IISc or any of the IIT’s zonal GATE office.
- The payment of application fees would be through online mode online as well as through payment at bank counters, using e-challan.
- The admit cards for GATE 2016 would be available through the online process only.The candidates can download their admit card from GATE 2016 website. The candidates do not send any printed copy of admit cards.
The candidates can check the schedule mentioned below:
- Commencement of registration: September 1
- Last date to apply: October 1
- Download the admit cards: December 17
- Date of examination: January 30, 2016 to February 7, 2016.
- Declaration of Result: March 19
- March 19: Results to be declared
Keep Visiting Kopykitab.com For …. More tips on GATE 2016?