Why Floriculture in India Is an Exciting Career Option 2021: If you are passionate about flowers, floriculture is the best career choice for you. Floriculture, also known as flower farming is the field of horticulture dealing with the study of growing flowering plants. It also includes farming of ornamental and flowering plants used as raw materials in the perfume and pharmaceutical industry.
If you want to pursue Floriculture in India, there is a lot you should know, like eligibility, career scope, salary, etc, it is all here. To know all the details, read the complete blog.
Eligibility For Pursuing Floriculture in India 2021
To be able to pursue Floriculture, you must fulfil the eligibility criteria.
- You must have cleared Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Maths/ Agriculture as your compulsory subjects with at least 50% aggregate marks.
- To apply fpr the masters degree in floriculture, you must have a bachelor’s degree in the relevant field.
- There are some college/universitites that conduct entrance exams for providing admissions to candidates in Floriculture.
Floriculture In India 2021 | Roles Of A Floriculturist
In the government sector, you can apply for the jobs in Forest, Agriculture, and fertilizer departments established by the government of India. Generally, the teaching profession is preferred in this sector.
There are various agriculture industries, fertilizer products, and nurseries that nourish rare plants in this sector. You can work with the private herbal medical companies among the other such sectors and even flourish as a landscape and interior designer and terraformers who can reconstruct the place and make it habitable.
In the prsonal sector, you can open your private businesses like flowers and plants shop.
You can even opt for a higher level of education after completing this course to pursue the scientific field with exceptional brilliance by starting the Ph.D. course in that field.
Colleges Where You Can Pursue Floriculture In India 2021
Here is a list of colleges where you can pursue Floriculture in India.
|Name of the college||Location|
|Indian Agriculture Research Institute||New Delhi|
|Kerala Agriculture University||Kerala|
|University of Agricultural Science||Bengaluru|
|Tamil Nadu Agricultural University||Coimbatore|
|University of Agricultural Science||Bangalore|
|College of Horticulture||Kerala|
|Aligarh Muslim University||Aligarh|
|Gujarat Agricultural University||Anand|
|Banaras Hindu University||Varanasi|
|Lovely Professional University(LPU)||Jalandhar|
|Allahabad Agricultural Institute||Allahabad|
Floriculture In India 2021 | Job Profiles
Here is a list of job profiles for Floriculture in India.
- Floral Designers
- Interior Decorator
- Production Managers
- Management Analyst
- Floral Wholesaler
- Sales Representatives
- Landscape Technician
- Wholesale Florist
Floriculture In India 2021 | Top Recruiters In India
Here are some of the best companies where a Floriculturist can apply, mentioned below:
- Interior Plantscapes
- SHORB Landscaping
- Sun Valley Landscaping
- ER&M Ecological Restoration and Management
- Casa Verde Growers
- Greater Texas Landscape Services
- Iffco Kisan Sanchar Ltd
- Green Decor
Salary Of a Floriculturist
- The salary in the field of floriculture depends on the job profile of the candidate.
- The starting salary of a floriculturist will be around 1.5 lakh per annum.
- The salary of an Interior decorator will be around Rs 2 lakh per annum.
- Although the salary of a researcher and academicians are paid as per the government norms.
Pros and Cons Of Floriculture In India 2021
Before purisng Floriculture, here are some pros and cons you should be aware of.
Pros Of Floriculture
- Floriculture provides an exciting career opportunity for the candidates, where they can learn to use their skills to the full extent.
- People working in the field of floriculture will be able to enjoy more flexibility in work and get a lot of exposure in the prevailing market conditions.
Cons Of Floriculture
- Floriculture is a highly competitive job market. Even people without educational qualifications are building up their own businesses in the field of floriculture.
This is the complete blog on Floriculture In India. To know more about the Floriculture, ask in the comments.
FAQs on Floriculture In India 2021
Here are the most frequently asked questions on Floriculture In India.
Which colleges are offering floriculture courses in India?
You can find a list of colleges offering floriculture courses in India, in the above blog.
Who are the top recruiters for Floriculturists in India?
Sun Valley Landscaping
ER&M Ecological Restoration and Management
Casa Verde Growers
Greater Texas Landscape Services
Iffco Kisan Sanchar Ltd
What are the pros of Floriculture In India?
1. Floriculture provides an exciting career opportunity for the candidates, where they can learn to use their skills to the full extent.
2. People working in the field of floriculture will be able to enjoy more flexibility in work and get a lot of exposure in the prevailing market conditions.
What are the top job profiles for Floriculturists in India?
What is the eligibility to apply for graduation in Floriculture in India?
You must have cleared Class 12th with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/ Maths/ Agriculture as your compulsory subjects with at least 50% aggregate marks.