Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University Bhilai (C.G.)
Semester: Ist Branch: Common to All Branches
Subject: Applied Chemistry (Lab) Code: 300121 (11)
List of Experiments
1. To determine the percentage composition of a mixture of Sodium Hydroxide and Sodium Chloride.
2. To determine the amount of Sodium Carbonate in the given mixture of Sodium Carbonate and Sodium Bicarbonate.
3. Determine the amount of Oxalic Acid and Sulphuric Acid/Hydrochloric Acid in one litre of solution given standard Sodium Hydroxide and Potassium Permanganate.
4. To determine the Carbonate, Bicarbonate and Chloride contents in irrigation water.
5. Argentometric titration one each of Vohlard’s method and of Mohr’s method.
6. Complexometric Titrations Ca & Mg.
7. Deternimation of dissolved Oxygen in given sample of water.
8. Deterination of calorific value of fuel by Bomb Calorimeter.
9. Determination of Flash Point and Fine Point of lubricant by Abels and Pensky Martin apparatus.
Name of the Text Books:
1. Laboratory manual on Engineering Chemistry by Dr. Sudha Rani (S. Chand and Company).
2. A Textbook on Experiments and Calculations in Engineering Chemistry by S.S. Dara (Dhanapat Rai Publishing Company Pvt. Ltd.).
Name of the Reference Books:
1. Vogel’s Texbook of Quantitative Chemical Analysis (Latest ed.), Revised by G.H. Jeffery, J. Bassett, J. Mendham & R.C. Denney.
2. Applied Chemistry: Theory and Practice (Latest ed.), by O.P. Vermani and A. K. Narula.