CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 Employability Skills 2020: CBSE has introduced 15 Vocational Courses in different sectors at a Secondary level to upgrade the skills and proficiency of the young generation.
It will also be helpful to provide them awareness to explore various career options. After studying the skill education, students will have the knowledge and skills to excel and emerge successful in the real situation of both work and life.
CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 Employability Skills 2020
Employability skills can be defined as those soft skills which employers look for in a potential employee. These skills equip the employees to carry out their roles to the best of their ability and client satisfaction. For example, the ability to explain what you mean in a clear and concise way through written and spoken means helps to build a better relationship with the client or the customer. Similarly, handling stress that comes with deadlines for finishing work and ensuring that you meet the deadlines can be done through effective self-management training. In CBSE Class 9 Employability Skills syllabus, you will find various skills related information that will help you to polish your skills in a proper way.
If any student fails in any one of the three main subjects (Science, Mathematics, and Social Science), then it will be replaced by the vocational subject (offered as a 6th additional subject). The result of Class X will be computed based on the best five subjects. However, if a candidate desires to reappear in the failed subject, he or she may appear along with the compartment examination.
CBSE Marking Scheme For Class 9 Employability Skills 2020
|S.No.||Units||Duration in Periods|
|1||Unit 1: Communication Skills – I||20|
|2||Unit 2: Self Management Skills – I||10|
|3||Unit 3: Basic ICT Skills – I||25|
|4||Unit 4: Entrepreneurial Skills – I||15|
|5||Unit 5: Green Skills – I||10|
Detailed CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 Employability Skills
Unit 1: Communication Skills – I
1. Demonstrate knowledge of various methods of communication
- Methods of communication.
2. Identify elements of the communication cycle
- Meaning of communication
- Importance of communication skills
- Elements of the communication cycle
- (i) sender,
- (ii) ideas,
- (iii) encoding,
- (iv) communication channel,
- (v) receiver,
- (vi) decoding, and
- (vii) feedback
3. Identify the factors affecting our perspectives in Communication
- Perspectives on communication.
- Factors affecting perspectives on communication.
- Visual perception.
- Past experience.
4. Demonstrate the knowledge of basic writing skills
- Writing skills
- Kinds of sentences
- Parts of sentence
- Parts of speech
- Use of articles
- Construction of a paragraph
Unit 2: Self Management Skills – I
1. Describe the meaning and importance of self-management
- Meaning of self-management.
- Positive results of self- management.
- Self-management skills.
2. Identify the factors that help in building self-confidence
- Factors that help in building self-confidence – social, cultural, and physical factors
- Self-confidence building tips – getting rid of the negative thoughts, thinking positively, staying happy with small things, staying clean, hygienic and smart, chatting with positive people, etc.
Unit 3: Basic ICT Skills – I
1. Describe the role of ICT in day-to-day life
- Introduction to ICT
- Role and importance of ICT in personal life and at the Workplace
- ICT in our daily life (examples)
- ICT tools 9 Mobile, tab, radio, TV, email, etc.
2. Identify the various components of the computer system
- Basic components of the computer system.
- Hardware and software.
- Primary and secondary memory.
- Input, Output, and Storage devices.
3. Identify various peripheral devices
- Various peripheral devices and their use.
- Examples of peripherals.
4. Perform basic computer operations
- Procedure for starting and shutting down a computer.
- Operating Systems (OS).
- Types of OS – DOS, Windows, Linux.
- The desktop of Windows and Linux.
- Files and folder.
- Keyboard and mouse operations.
- Common desktop operations.
5. Connect with the world using the Internet and its Applications
- Introduction to the Internet.
- Applications of the Internet.
- Internet Browser.
- Websites and web pages.
- Email applications.
- Email accounts.
- Sending and receiving the email.
- Introduction to social media.
- Digital India.
Unit 4: Entrepreneurial Skills – I
1. Identify various types of business activities
- Types of businesses – service, manufacturing, hybrid.
- Types of businesses found in our community Business activities around us.
2. Demonstrate the knowledge of distinguishing characteristics of entrepreneurship
- Meaning of Entrepreneurship development.
- Distinguishing characteristics of entrepreneurship.
- Role and rewards of entrepreneurship.
Unit 5: Green Skills – I
1. Demonstrate the knowledge of the factors influencing natural resource conservation
- Introduction to the environment.
- Relationship between society and environment, ecosystem, and factors causing an imbalance.
- Natural resource conservation.
- Environment protection and conservation.
2. Describe the importance of the green economy and green skills
- Definition of the green economy.
- Importance of green Economy.
We have covered a detailed guide on CBSE Syllabus For Class 9 Employability Skills 2020. Feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below.