CBSE CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus: Class 11 Physics is the Most Important Subject for the academic Exams 2020-21. You should know that a thorough concept of Class 11 and Class 11 Physics to score better marks in the various entrance exam. With a better concept on the latest syllabus, you can secure good marks.
Here you can Check Detailed CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus for Better Preparation
CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus 2020-21
Physics is an essential subject for CBSE 11th Science Stream. It is a very important subject for the various entrance exams for Engineering, Medical, or other higher education in the future. You should have depth concept in the Class 11 Physics to score better marks in various entrance exams like IIT JEE, NEET, etc. and also in the CBSE Class 11 Board exam.
You already know CBSE Class 11 syllabus will be updated almost every year to provide the students with the latest syllabus in real-time. Here you can check CBSE’s new syllabus for Class 11 Physics and NCERT Textbook based on the latest syllabus.
Crack The Exam Easily and Chase Your Dream
Revised Latest CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus
CBSE Physics Class 11 Syllabus and Exam Structure
|Unit||Chapter / Topic||Marks|
|I||Physical World and Measurement||23|
|Chapter – 1: Physical World|
|Chapter – 2: Units and Measurements|
|Chapter – 3: Motion in a Straight Line|
|Chapter – 4: Motion in a Plane|
|III||Laws of Motion|
|Chapter – 5: Laws of Motion|
|IV||Work, Energy and Power||17|
|Chapter – 6: Work, Energy and Power|
|V||Motion of System of Particles|
|Chapter – 7: System of Particles and Rotational Motion|
|Chapter – 8: Gravitation|
|VII||Properties of Bulk Matter||20|
|Chapter – 9: Mechanical Properties of Solids|
|Chapter – 10: Mechanical Properties of Fluids|
|Chapter – 11: Thermal Properties of Matter|
|Chapter – 12: Thermodynamics|
|IX||Kinetic Theory of Gases|
|Chapter – 13: Kinetic Theory|
|X||Oscillation & Waves||10|
|Chapter – 14: Oscillations|
|Chapter – 15: Waves|
Unit I: Physical World and Measurement
- Chapter – 1: Physical World
- Physics – scope and excitement; nature of physical laws; Physics, technology and society.
- Chapter – 2: Units and Measurements
- Need for measurement: Units of measurement; systems of units; SI units, fundamental and derived units. Length, mass and time measurements; accuracy and precision of measuring instruments; errors in measurement; significant figures.
- Dimensions of physical quantities, dimensional analysis and its applications.
Unit II: Kinematics
- Chapter – 3: Motion in a Straight Line
- Frame of reference, Motion in a straight line: Position-time graph, speed and velocity.
- Elementary concepts of differentiation and integration for describing motion.Uniform and non-uniform motion, average speed and instantaneous velocity. Uniformly accelerated motion, velocity time and position-time graphs.
- Relations for uniformly accelerated motion (graphical treatment).
- Chapter – 4: Motion in a Plane
- Scalar and vector quantities; Position and displacement vectors, general vectors and their notations; equality of vectors, multiplication of vectors by a real number; addition and subtraction of vectors. Relative velocity. Unit vector; Resolution of a vector in a plane – rectangular components. Scalar and Vector product of vectors.
- Motion in a plane, cases of uniform velocity and uniform acceleration-projectile motion. Uniform circular motion.
Unit III: Laws of Motion
- Chapter – 5: Laws of Motion
- Intuitive concept of force. Inertia, Newton’s first law of motion; momentum and Newton’s second law of motion; impulse; Newton’s third law of motion.
- Law of conservation of linear momentum and its applications.
- Equilibrium of concurrent forces. Static and kinetic friction, laws of friction, rolling friction, lubrication.
- Dynamics of uniform circular motion: Centripetal force, examples of circular motion (vehicle on a level circular road, vehicle on banked road).
Unit IV: Work, Energy and Power
- Chapter – 6: Work, Engery and Power
- Work done by a constant force and a variable force; kinetic energy, work-energy theorem, power.
- Notion of potential energy, potential energy of a spring, conservative forces: conservation of mechanical energy (kinetic and potential energies); non-conservative forces: motion in a vertical circle; elastic and inelastic collisions in one and two dimensions.
Unit V: Motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body
- Chapter – 7: System of Particles and Rotational Motion
- Centre of mass of a two-particle system, momentum conservation and centre of mass motion.
- Centre of mass of a rigid body; centre of mass of a uniform rod.
- Moment of a force, torque, angular momentum, laws of conservation of angular momentum and its applications.
- Equilibrium of rigid bodies, rigid body rotation and equations of rotational motion, comparison of linear and rotational motions.
- Moment of inertia, radius of gyration.Values of moments of inertia, for simple geometrical objects (no derivation). Statement of parallel and perpendicular axes theorems and their applications.
Unit VI: Gravitation
- Chapter – 8: Gravitation
- Keplar’s laws of planetary motion.The universal law of gravitation.
- Acceleration due to gravity and its variation with altitude and depth.
- Gravitational potential energy and gravitational potential. Escape velocity. Orbital velocity of a satellite. Geo-stationary satellites.
Unit VII: Properties of Bulk Matter
- Chapter – 9: Mechanical Properties of Solids
- Elastic behaviour, Stress-strain relationship, Hooke’s law, Young’s modulus, bulk modulus, shear modulus of rigidity, Poisson’s ratio; elastic energy.
- Chapter – 10: Mechanical Properties of Fluids
- Pressure due to a fluid column; Pascal’s law and its applications (hydraulic lift and hydraulic brakes). Effect of gravity on fluid pressure.
- Viscosity, Stokes’ law, terminal velocity, streamline and turbulent flow, critical velocity.Bernoulli’s theorem and its applications.
- Surface energy and surface tension, angle of contact, excess of pressure across a curved surface, application of surface tension ideas to drops, bubbles and capillary rise.
- Chapter – 11: Thermal Properties of Matter
- Heat, temperature, thermal expansion; thermal expansion of solids, liquids and gases, anomalous expansion of water; specific heat capacity; Cp, Cv – calorimetry; change of state – latent heat capacity.
- Heat transfer-conduction, convection and radiation, thermal conductivity, Qualitative ideas of Blackbody radiation, Wein’s displacement Law, Stefan’s law, Green house effect.
Unit VIII: Thermodynamics
- Chapter – 12: Thermodynamics
- Thermal equilibrium and definition of temperature (zeroth law of thermodynamics).Heat, work and internal energy. First law of thermodynamics. Isothermal and adiabatic processes.
- Second law of thermodynamics: reversible and irreversible processes. Heat engine and refrigerator.
Unit IX: Behaviour of Perfect Gases and Kinetic Theory of Gases
- Chapter – 13: Kinetic Theory
- Equation of state of a perfect gas, work done in compressing a gas.
- Kinetic theory of gases – assumptions, concept of pressure. Kinetic interpretation of temperature; rms speed of gas molecules; degrees of freedom, law of equi-partition of energy (statement only) and application to specific heat capacities of gases; concept of mean free path, Avogadro’s number.
Unit X: Oscillations and Waves
- Chapter – 14: Oscillations
- Periodic motion – time period, frequency, displacement as a function of time. Periodic functions.
- Simple harmonic motion (S.H.M) and its equation; phase; oscillations of a spring-restoring force and force constant; energy in S.H.M. Kinetic and potential energies; simple pendulum derivation of expression for its time period.
- Free, forced and damped oscillations (qualitative ideas only), resonance.
- Chapter – 15: Waves
- Wave motion. Transverse and longitudinal waves, speed of wave motion. Displacement relation for a progressive wave. Principle of superposition of waves, reflection of waves, standing waves in strings and organ pipes, fundamental mode and harmonics, Beats, Doppler effect.
We have covered the detailed guide on Revised CBSE Class 11 Physics Syllabus. Feel free to ask any questions related to CBSE Class 11 Physics in the comment section below.