In this article, we have provided the complete details CBSE Class 11 Geography Exam.
CBSE Class 11 Geography
The students who are keen to study further studies in humanities, arts choose this as an elective. Today, there are so many options for the students who study Arts and Humanities too. Nowadays information is available on the internet unlike earlier were people knew only about the prospects in Engineering and Medicine.
The 11th students will have to appear for both theory and practical. The theory carries 70 Marks and Practical’s carry 30 Marks. These books are prescribed by NCERT. You will find the following chapters in 11th Geography.
CBSE Class 11 Geography Books
NCERT books are considered to be the best choice for preparation but it is advisable to refer other books for a better understanding of the subject. Here the list of some Class 11 Geography Books that are considered by the students while preparing for the Geography examination.
You will find the following chapters in 11th Geography CBSE
Fundamentals of Physical Geography
- Chapter 1 Geography as a Discipline
- Chapter 2 The Origin and Evolution of the Earth
- Chapter 3 Interior of the Earth
- Chapter 4 Distribution of Oceans and Continents
- Chapter 5 Minerals and Rocks
- Chapter 6 Geomorphic Processes
- Chapter 7 Landforms and their Evolution
- Chapter 8 Composition and Structure of Atmosphere
- Chapter 9 Solar Radiation, Heat Balance and Temperature
- Chapter 10 Atmospheric Circulation and Weather Systems
- Chapter 11 Water in the Atmosphere
- Chapter 12 World Climate and Climate Change
- Chapter 13 Water (Oceans)
- Chapter 14 Movements of Ocean Water
- Chapter 15 Life on the Earth
- Chapter 16 Biodiversity and Conversation
India Physical Environment
- Chapter 1 India: Location
- Chapter 2 Structure and Physiography
- Chapter 3 Drainage System
- Chapter 4 Climate
- Chapter 5 Natural Vegetation
- Chapter 6 Soils
- Chapter 7 Natural Hazards and Disasters
CBSE Class 11 Geography Syllabus
CBSE Syllabus for Class 11 Geography contains the course structure along with the chapter wise marks distribution.
Knowing the syllabus will help you to get an idea about the topics they are going to study for the academic year 2020-2021. After you study all the topics mentioned in the CBSE Class 11 syllabus then you can score a good percentile in their Class 11 CBSE board Geography Exam.
CBSE Class 11 Geography syllabus and Exam Pattern
CBSE Class 11 Geography NCERT Solutions
CBSE recommends NCERT books and most of the questions do come from NCERT textbooks. NCERT solutions are up to date based on the textbooks, with the latest modifications as per the CBSE 11th Geography syllabus.
CBSE 11th Geography solutions can be found in the various textbook guides. There will be an explanation for each question chapter-wise. You will also be provided with sample questions that you may have to answer.
CBSE 11th NCERT solutions are the best books to follow as they are specifically designed for CBSE classes. These NCERT Class 11 Geography books contain chapter-wise questions and answers.
- Download 11th Geography NCERT Solutions
CBSE Class 11 Geography Sample Question Papers
After finishing the entire CBSE Class 11 syllabus, it is a good thing to solve the question papers in a timely manner. This will help the students to improve their speed of answering too.
CBSE releases sample question papers every year for the students so that their preparation could become much better as well to get used to the format of the question paper.
You should have the following materials to find the complete question papers related to CBSE 11th Exam
- 11th Geography Sample Papers
CBSE Class 11 Geography Previous year Papers
Solving the question papers that are released by the CBSE during the same year as well as solving the previous year question papers helps to a great extent. It will help to develop the speed and understand the question and respond quickly. This will help where you stand, your strengths, and where you need to focus for further preparation.
- 11th Geography Previous year Papers
We have covered a detailed guide on CBSE 11th Geography. Feel Free to ask any questions in the comment section below.