CBSE Class 10 Security Syllabus PDF: Security refers to all the measures that are taken to protect a place, or to ensure that only people with permission enter it or leave it.
The Private Security Sector (PSS) industry comprises those agencies or people, who provide security for people and property. An unarmed security guard is required to observe, deter, record, and report.
The National security agencies i.e., the army, the navy, the air force, the police, and secret intelligence organizations are responsible for providing security to the citizens of the nation.
At the local level, private “Security Firms” provide protection to the human body and property of corporate, household, and individual and the protection of valuable objects in the private and public spheres.
To achieve these objectives, the Central Board of Secondary Education has started a vocational course in Security. After the necessary knowledge in security, the students will have an edge over others in getting jobs in this sector.
In this article, you can check and hassle-freely download the CBSE Class 10 Security Syllabus PDF.
CBSE Class 10 Security Syllabus
Here you will learn security and safety-related rules and regulations in India. You will become more pro-active after understanding the basics and concepts of this subject.
Mark Distribution For CBSE Class 10 Security Syllabus
|Part A||Employability Skills|
|Unit 1: Communication Skills – II||10|
|Unit 2: Self-management Skills – II|
|Unit 3: Information and Communication Technology Skills – II|
|Unit 4: Entrepreneurial Skills – II|
|Unit 5: Green Skills – II|
|Part B||Vocational Skills||40|
|Unit 1: Hygiene and Safety|
|Unit 2: Documentation|
|Unit 3: Traffic Control and Parking|
|Unit 4: Security in Industrial and Commercial Deployments|
|Unit 5: Security Escorts|
|Part C||Practical Work|
|Part D||Project Work / Field Visit|
|Practical File / Student Portfolio||10|
Important: Download CBSE Security Class 10 Book PDF below.
Class 10 Security Unit 1: Hygiene and Safety
Demonstrate the knowledge of personal safety at the workplace
- Personal safety
- Risks associated while working alone
- Safety of others – keeping employees and customers safe
- Dealing with the hostile crowd for avoiding damage to equipment and property
- Types of fires – classification
- Components of fire – fire pyramid
- Control of fuel and ignition sources (bins and waste disposal)
- Safe storage of inflammable
- Inspection and maintenance of electrical equipment
- Ensuring availability of adequate fire extinguishing equipment and materials, including fire blanket, fire extinguishers (color codes), and sprinkler systems
- Avoiding negative consequences – a loss to productivity, business disruption, long term effects on employee health, damage to an organization’s image and reputation
- Dealing with aggressive individuals and intoxicated persons
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment, personal alarms, mobile, and radios
- Personal safety during screening and search
- Procedures for lone working
- Daily duties to check for safety and potential hazards
Demonstrate the knowledge of maintaining good public relations and Exhibiting professionalism at the workplace
- Personal appearance (presentable and clean attire, meet employer guidelines, professional attitude, and skills)
- Right conduct and positive attitude for maintaining good public relations
- Meet and greet procedure
- Being a team player
- Acting without discrimination
- Personal integrity and understanding
- Right to Dignity
- Right to Privacy
- Gender Sensitivity
- Staying free from intoxicants
- Keeping physically fit
- Compliance with employer’s policies and guidelines
- Following organizational values and standards
Demonstrating knowledge of safety plans, emergency response, and First Aid
- A security guard and safety plans
- Escape and escape Routes
- Personal safety gear and clothing
- Violations of Safety Rules
- Identifying and reporting fire hazards
- Assisting firefighters
- First aid – providing first aid facilities and basic first aid practices for unconsciousness, choking, bleeding, seizures, fractures, shock, burns, injuries, bites, stroke, etc.
- Whom to contact in case of health emergencies – Ambulance services and Supervisor
- Staying safe from aids, sexually transmitted diseases, and few common ailments
- Basic exercises to remain healthy
- Occupational hazards, such as slips, trips, etc.
- Assessment of load and use of mechanical aid for lifting.
- Correct posture of head, feet, and back for sitting, standing, and lifting things
- Correct posting of load, smooth movements, avoidance of twisting, etc.
Class 10 Security Unit 2: Documentation
Demonstrate the knowledge of general guidelines which help in proper documentation
- Recording and reporting methods – manual, online, telephone, and by post
- Recording in the diary and reporting to the relevant enforcing authority
- Keeping a record of incidents
- Things to remember during documentation
- Recording observations
- Who, what, where, when, why, and how – guiding questions in report writing
Demonstrate the knowledge of security registers and types of gate passes
- Different types of identity cards
- Different types of gate pass
- Different types of registers
Class 10 Security Unit 3: Traffic Control and Parking
Demonstrate the knowledge of traffic signs and procedures for controlling traffic and managing parking
- Safety aspects during traffic control
- Traffic control signals
- Emergency vehicles
- Parking principles
- Hazards in Parking Lots
- Parking lot signage
Class 10 Security Unit 4: Security in Industrial and Commercial Deployments
Demonstrate the knowledge of security in industrial deployment
- Physical security measures
- Material gate and vehicle stickers
- Keys of the organization
- Emergency response Plan
- Material security
Demonstrate the knowledge of security in commercial deployment
- Role and Responsibilities of Security Guard in Commercial deployments
- Security of shopping mall
Class 10 Security Unit 5: Security Escorts
Demonstrate the knowledge of the roles and responsibilities of a security escort
- Mobile protection plan
- Convoy composition
- Readiness of driver
- Assistance to protectee
- Personal security officer for body protection
We have covered the complete guide on CBSE Class 10 Security Syllabus 2020.
Feel free to ask any question related to CBSE Class 10 Security Syllabus in the comment section below.