The Indian Air Force (IAF) conducts AFCAT Exam twice every year for filling in various vacancies in the organizations. Currently, AFCAT 2 recruitment has begun. There are a large number of applicants for AFCAT as it is one of the prestigious jobs in the country. Through this recruitment, various posts like under Flying Branch and Permanent Commission (PC)/Short Service Commission (SSC) in Ground Duty (Technical and Non-Technical) Branches will be filled. The AFCAT 2 is scheduled in the month of September 2019. Candidates who are willing to apply can now apply before the last date. After applying, it is important to begin your preparation well in advance. To ease your preparation, we have provided the detailed AFCAT Syllabus and exam pattern here for both AFCAT and EKT. Go through the blog to know more about the exam pattern and syllabus to start your preparation.
AFCAT Exam Pattern 2019
The paper pattern for both the exams: AFCAT and EKT are similar. Go through the below table to know more.
|Exam||AFCAT||EKT (only for technical)|
|Mode of Exam||Online i.e. computer based||Online i.e. computer based|
|No. of Questions||100||50|
|Duration of Exam||2 hours (120 minutes)||45 minutes|
|Sections in Paper||General Awareness, Verbal Ability in English, Numerical Ability and Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||Mechanical, Computer Science and Electrical & Electronics|
|Negative Marking||1 mark||1 mark|
AFCAT Exam Pattern
- AFCAT 2019 is an online test, conducted in two shifts in the English language.
- It will consist of 100 objective questions to be solved within a duration of 120 minutes.
- The maximum marks an aspirant can score in AFCAT 2019 are 300.
EKT Exam Pattern
- EKT or Engineering Knowledge Test is a meant to test candidate’s engineering knowledge.
- The test is compulsory for candidates applying for Technical Ground Duty branch.
- EKT 2019 is an online test, conducted in two shifts in the English language.
|General Awareness||20||60||2 hours|
|Verbal Ability in English||30||90|
|Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test||35||105|
AFCAT Syllabus 2019
The AFCAT Syllabus is provided below. Candidates can go through the section-wise syllabus for AFCAT 2019 Exam.
AFCAT Syllabus for General Awareness
- This section is designed to test the general knowledge of the applicant.
- It will have questions to test aspirant’s awareness of ongoing, current events in various fields around the world.
- Generally, about 20 questions are asked in this section.
The main topics along for this section are given below:
- Art and Culture
- International Current Affairs
- Basic Science
AFCAT Syllabus for the English Language
- This section will assess the student’s knowledge, proficiency, and comprehension in the English language.
- The total number of questions asked from this section will be approximately 30.
The important topics for this section are:
- Fill in the blanks by choosing the appropriate word
- Error Detection
- Sentence Completion
- Synonyms and Antonyms
- Testing of Vocabulary
- Basic Grammar
AFCAT Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- This section will test the basic mathematical ability of participants.
- Around 15 questions will be asked from this section.
- It is considered to be a relatively scoring section though the level of difficulty for this section is moderate to high.
The important topics for this section are as follows:
- Decimal Fraction
- Ratio and Proportion
- Simple interest
- Profit and loss
AFCAT Syllabus for Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test
- This section is the most important segment as maximum questions are asked in this section.
- Candidate’s mental and military aptitude is tested.
- The difficulty level is moderate and approximately 35 questions are asked from this section.
The important topics are listed below:
- Verbal Skills and Spatial Ability
- Data interpretation
- Embedded Figure
- Missing Character
- Sets based on arrangements
- Rotated blocks
- Hidden figures
Hope, all the AFCAT aspirants have received complete information regarding the AFCAT Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Start preparing now with a wide range of AFCAT Preparation Books available online.