UPSEE Exam 2020 | Exam Date (Out), Syllabus, Application Form, Preparation
UPSEE Exam 2020 Notification: Are you looking to pursue a professional course in the fields of engineering, pharmacy, architecture, design, computer applications or management?
You have an incredible opportunity to pursue these courses from the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University, Uttar Pradesh or its affiliated colleges as the dates for the Uttar Pradesh State Entrance Examination (UPSEE) have been announced.
UPSEE Exam 2020 Notification
Conducted by the Abdul Kalam Technical University, the UPSEE offers admission to courses such as BTech in both Engineering and Agriculture, BPhama, B.Arch, Hotel Management, Fashion and Apparel Design, MBA, MCA, and MAM, among other.
The exam will be held in May 2020, which means you have over four months to get your preparation process in order. Here is a detailed lowdown on everything you need to know about this exam:
UPSEE Exam Registration 2020
The official notification of the exam is expected to be released in January 2020. Soon after the notification, the conducting authority for the exam will also begin the process of registration for the exam.
The UPSEE 2020 application form will be made available in the fourth week of January 2020 in online mode only.
The candidates qualifying the written exam, to be held in May, will be called for counselling June onward.
- The application fee for the exam would be INR 1,300 for male and transgender candidates from general and OBC categories.
- The application fee for the exam would be INR 650 for females, physically challenged and candidates from SC/ST categories.
Note: The fee can only be paid through online modes that include net banking, debit and credit cards and e-wallets.
The application submission will close in the last week of March, and the fee has to be submitted latest by the first week of April.
UPSEE Exam Date 2020
Here you can check the official schedule for UPSEE 2020:
|UPSEE 2020||Important Dates|
|Commencement of online registration||Last week of Jan 2020|
|Last date to apply for UPSEE 2020||Last week of Mar 2020|
|UPSEE (UG courses)||10 May 2020|
|UPSEE (PG courses)||10 May 2020|
|Declaration of UPSEE Result||2nd week of Aug 2020|
|Commencement of UPSEE 2020 Spot Counselling round||3rd week of Aug 2020|
UPSEE Exam Syllabus 2020
There are eight different papers for aspirants from different streams under the UPSEE:
- Paper 1: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- Paper 2: Physics, Chemistry and Biology
- Paper 3: Aptitude Test for Architecture & Design
- Paper 4: Aptitude test for General Awareness
- Paper 5: Aptitude Test for Lateral Entry in Engg
- Paper 6: Aptitude Test for MBA / MCA
- Paper 7: Aptitude Test for Diploma Holders in Pharmacy
- Paper 8: Aptitude Test for Lateral Entry in Engg (Diploma Holders).
The UPSEE 2020 syllabus is different for different papers. For the entrance exam for under-graduate level examination, the syllabus will cover the curriculum up to Class 12 from the related stream. Similarly, for post-graduate courses, it’ll be up to graduation level.
- For instance, in case of the entrance exam for BTech courses, Paper 1 will be applicable and cover topics from Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics up to Class 12.
- For B Pharma, it’ll be Paper 2 covering topics from Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- For post-graduation, the syllabus will cover the respective subjects up to graduation level.
The official UPSEE 2020 syllabus for each paper will be released along with the official notification for the exam.
It is advisable that the students peruse the syllabus for their exam carefully and base their preparation on the outlines specified in it. This will give a clear idea about the topics to be prepared for the exam.
UPSEE Exam Admit Card 2020
The Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University will release the UPSEE 2020 admit card on in the second week of April 2020.
Candidates can download theirs from the university’s official website in four simple steps:
- Click on the link for admit card under the Schedule Table section of the website.
- A new window will pop-up, where you’d be required to click on the ‘Registered Candidate’ option and fill in your login details.
- Upon successful login, the admit card will appear on your screen.
- Click on download and take a print out.
All candidates are required to carry their Admit Cards on the day of the exam, so it is important that you have it ready well in time lest you forget this important step in the pressure of exam preparation.
Do check all the credentials mentioned on your card and make sure they are in order and pay attention to details such as your exam venue and other instructions for appearing for UPSEE 2020.
UPSEE Exam Previous Year Papers
Candidates preparing for the UPSEE must make it a point to include previous years’ question papers in their study plan.
These papers offer a clear insight into the exam pattern and help improve the outlook toward attempting questions, thus, boosting your performance in the actual exam.
These question papers also offer a valuable understanding of the difficulty level of the exam, the nature of questions and the weightage of different topics in the exam.
Besides, solving previous years’ papers repeatedly and assessing your performance not only helps build upon speed and accuracy but also helps enhance your confidence levels.
UPSEE Exam Sample Paper 2020
In addition to previous years’ papers, UPSEE sample papers are also an important tool to better your preparation.
Designed by experts on the same lines as the actual paper, these offer you unparalleled opportunities to hone your exam-taking skills and get a reality check on your preparation levels through repeated practice of how to answer the questions in a test.
UPSEE Answer Key 2020
The Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University also releases an answer key for different papers of the UPSEE after the exam has been conducted on the official website for the exam – upsee.nic.in.
This makes the entire examination process extremely transparent, as students can check their count of correctly answered questions and calculate aggregate marks. The final result of the examination is also based on this answer key.
Candidates also have the option of raising objections against the answers given in the answer key should they find them to be incorrect.
Here’s how you can access the answer key once it is released:
- Visit the official website and click on the ‘download UPSEE 2020 answer key’ option, which will appear on the home page.
- Select your relevant answer key using the code of your exam and download it in PDF format.
- Match the answers and calculate your aggregate score.
When calculating your score, keep in mind that all the questions in the UPSEE papers are of 4 marks each, except for Paper 3 where each question carries five marks.
Candidates secure 4 or 5 marks for every correct answer, depending on the paper, and there is no provision of negative marking. So you have to simply add 4 or 5 marks for every correctly answered question, and you’ll get your raw score for the exam.
If you intend to challenge any answers released in the answer key, you can do so by submitting a document of proof to back your objection as well as the correct answer for the said question/s. The university keeps this process open for a specific timeframe.
To raise an objection, you must write to the Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Technical University via email, including the following details:
- Roll number
- Paper number
- Paper code
- Supporting documents
- Correct answer
UPSEE Exam Result 2020
The result for UPSEE 2020 will be released by conducting university on the official site. The result is made available online and can be downloaded from the UPSEE website.
The qualifying candidates will be given a time of counselling to further their admission process.
The university also has tie-breaking criteria in place should two or more candidates end up with the exact same score in the examination.
In case of a tie, candidates with less incorrect answers will gain higher merit. Similarly, the candidate with the lowest application number will also be given higher merit.
In addition to these, there are certain course-specific tie-breaking criteria as well:
- Tech./B.Des./MCA(Integrated): Marks obtained in Mathematics, Physics, and Chemistry, in that order, and then by age.
- Pharm: Marks obtained in Biology, Chemistry, and Physics, in that order, and then by age.
- Arch: Marks obtained in Drawing Aptitude, Mathematics & Aesthetics Sensitivity, in that order, then by age.
- Tech (Ag. Engg): Marks obtained in AG-I, AG-II, AG-III, in that order, and then by age.
- Tech (Bio-Tech.): Marks obtained in AG-I, AG-II, AG-III, in that order, and then by age.
- BHMCT/BFAD/BFA/MBA/MBA(Integrated)/MCA/Lateral entry: Only by age.
UPSEE Merit List 2020
The merit list is prepared according to the performance and score of all the appearing candidates for a particular course.
Candidates have the option of scrutinising their answer sheets if they are dissatisfied with their position in the merit list for a fee of INR 5,000.
UPSEE 2020 Cut Off
The cut-off UPSEE 2020 is expected to be 25 per cent for the unreserved category and 20 per cent for SC/ST.
UPSEE Exam 2020 Counselling Registration
The candidates selected after the written examination will be called for counselling.
The date, time and venue of the counselling centre will be notified on the UPSEE website, in addition to this, the selected candidates will also receive an email regarding the counselling registration and schedule on their registered mail ids.
UPSEE Top Colleges
The top colleges for the UPSEE exam include:
- Harcourt Butler Technical University, Kanpur
- Ajay Kumar Garg Engineering College, Ghaziabad
- Dr Ambedkar Institute of Technology for Handicapped, Kanpur
- GL Bajaj Institute of Technology and Management, Greater Noida
- Galgotias College of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida
- Institute of Engineering and Technology, Lucknow
- KIET Group of Institutions, Ghaziabad
- Kamla Nehru Institute of Technology, Sultanpur
- ABES Engineering College, Ghaziabad
- Bundelkhand Institute of Engineering and Technology, Jhansi
- Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology, Lucknow
- College of Engineering and Technology, IILM Academy of Higher Learning, Greater Noida
- Dronacharya Group of Institutions, Greater Noida
- Feroze Gandhi Institute of Engineering and Technology, Raebareli
- GLA University, Mathura
- IEC College of Engineering and Technology, Greater Noida
- IMS Engineering College, Ghaziabad
- Indian Institute of Carpet Technology, Bhadohi
- Institute of Engineering and Rural Technology, Allahabad
- Integral University, Lucknow
- JSS Academy of Technical Education, Noida
- Naraina Vidya Peeth Engineering and Management Institute, Kanpur
- PSIT-Pranveer Singh Institute of Technology, Kanpur
- Raj Kumar Goel Institute of Technology, Ghaziabad
- Rajkiya Engineering College, Ambedkar Nagar
- Rajkiya Engineering College, Azamgarh
- Rajkiya Engineering College, Banda
- Rajkiya Engineering College, Bijnor
- Saroj Institute of Technology and Management, Lucknow
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- Shri Ram Murti Smarak College of Engineering Technology and Research, Bareilly
- United Institute of Technology, Allahabad
- University Institute of Engineering and Technology CSJMU, Kanpur
The UPSEE opens up a vast array of opportunities for students aspiring to pursue technical or professional courses in different fields.
The competition is stiff, and aspirants must brace themselves to give it their all if they want to secure a high rank in the merit list and make it to the top colleges in their chosen fields.