Sample Paper | Class IX | Science | CBSE | 2010
Sample Paper – 2010
Class – IX
Subject – Science
Motion in a plane
(Section A) 5×1 = 5
- What is the distance travelled by an object in nth sec with costant velocity v.
- What is represented by the slope of displacement – time graph?
- Why electric current is a scalar quantity while it has direction.
- What is the profile of a projectile.
- Calculate hight travelled by a body in first two second of free fall.
(Section B) 5×2 = 10
- What is the ratio of the distance traveled by a body falling freely from rest in the first, second and third second of it’s falling.
- A ball thrown vertically upwards with the speed of 19.6 m/s from the top of the tower returns to the earth in 6 sec. Find the height of the tower.
- Define instantaneous acceleration.How it can be obtained graphically.
- What are the angle of projection of a projectile projected with velocity 15 m/s, so that horizontal range is 45m and take g = 10 m/sec 2 .
10. A planet has mass twice of earth and radius is four times of earth. Calculate acc. due to gravity on tha planet.
(Section C) 2×5 =10
- Write the expression for the centripetal acceleration. What is the role of centripetal acceleration in motion of earth around sun.
- Calculate acceleration and initial velocity of a body which moves 12m in 3rd second and 18m in 4th second of motion.