RTU Previous Question Papers BE ME
Orientated Programming in C++ January 2013
1. What do you understand by bottom up approach ? Differentiate top down and bottom up approach with examples.
1. (a) Explain advantages and disadvantages of object oriented programming.
(b) Explain the following with examples:
2. (a) What do you mean by operator overloading ? Write a program to illustrate the overloading of “+” operator.
(b) What are the enhancement in C++ over C ? Discuss With respect to following- :
(i) Data types
2. (a) What do you mean by scope of a variable ? Explain call by value and call by reference with example,
(b) What is incline function ? Write a program which finds area of triangle and square root of a number by using inline function.
3. (a) What is ‘this’ pointer ? What is its importance in C++- ?
(b) Write a function in ‘C++’ to read 10 number from file ‘date.in’, arrange them in a file ascending order and output arranged in a file ‘data out’.
3. (a) Why we need virtual function ? Describe the various rules for writing a virtual function.
(b) Describe Inheritance Hierarchy in detail.
4. (a) What are class templates ? Explain with example.
b. How class template be used with inheritance ? Explain by giving suitable example.
4.(a) What is file processing in C++ ? Explain file and stream classes with suitable example.
(b) Explain all types of iterators in C++.
5. (a) Write an algorithm to insert and delete an element in a double linked list.
(b) What is priority queue ? Implement it with double linked list.
5. (a) How stack can be used for parenthesis matching ? Explain with suitable example.
(b) Explain following :
(i) Link list Vs. Array
(ii) Circular list Vs. Doubly linked list.