RS Aggarwal is the top Publishers in Providing Class 10 Maths Solutions. These solutions are prepared by experts according to the Guidelines of CBSE Syllabus and Exam Pattern. Here the Article explains class 10 maths Chapter 2. RS Aggarwal Solutions Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Polynomials contain all the topics and concepts in detail with Exercise problem solutions.
The Chapter Explains about the term Polynomials, Why are Polynomials Used, Different Types of Polynomials and their Applications.
In this article, you will get the complete guide on RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-2 Polynomials and download PDF.
RS Aggarwal Class 10 Maths Solutions Chapter 2 Polynomials
A polynomial is made up of terms that are only added, subtracted, or multiplied. A quadratic polynomial in x with real coefficients is of the form ax² + bx + c, where a, b, c are real numbers with a ≠ 0.
Degree – The highest exponent of the variable in the polynomial is called the degree of the polynomial. Example: 3x3 + 4, here degree = 3. Polynomials of degrees 1, 2 and 3 are called linear, quadratic and cubic polynomial respectively.
Polynomials chapter starts with degrees of polynomial and differentiation of polynomials based on its degree namely:
- Linear Polynomial: Degree 1
- Quadratic Polynomial: Degree 2
- Cubic Polynomial: Degree 3
The next section describes the geometrical meaning of the zeroes of a polynomial. Various graphs are shown to explain how plotting of equations is done.
In general, for a linear polynomial ax + b, a ≠ 0, the graph of y = ax + b, the graph of y = ax + b is a straight line which intersects the x-axis at exactly one point.
In quadratic polynomials, Parabolas are curves which have one of the two shapes either open upwards or open downwards. After that, solved examples are given to show how the number of zeroes can be determined by using the graphical method. Zeroes of a quadratic polynomial are precisely the x– coordinates of the point where parabola intersects the x-axis.
Download RS Aggarwal Class 10 maths Solutios for all Chapters
Here are the topics covered under Chapter Polynomials
- Types of Polynomials ie, Linear, Quadratic, Cubic and Biquadratic Polynomials
- Values and Zeros of Polynomials
- Relation Between Coeffients and Zeros of a Polynomial
Chapter-wise CBSE Class 10 Maths RS Aggarwal Solutions PDF
Download all chapter-wise RS Aggarwal CBSE Class 10 Maths Solutions to score More Marks in the Exam
- Chapter 1 – Real Numbers
- Chapter-2 Polynomials
- Chapter 3 – Linear equations in two variables
- Chapter 4 – Triangles
- Chapter 5 – Trigonometric Ratios
- Chapter 6 – T-Ratios of Some Particular Angles
- Chapter 7 – Trigonometric Ratios of Complementary Angles
- Chapter 8 – Trigonometric Identities
- Chapter 9 – Mean, Median, Mode of Grouped Data, Cumulative Frequency Graph and Ogive
- Chapter 10 – Quadratic Equations
- Chapter 11 – Arithmetic Progressions
- Chapter 12 – Circles
- Chapter 13 – Constructions
- Chapter 14 – Height and Distance
- Chapter 15 – Probability
- Chapter 16 – Co-ordinate Geometry
- Chapter 17 – Perimeter and Areas of Plane Figures
Class 10 Maths Chapter 2 Exercises – Polynomials
RS Aggarwal Class 10 maths for Chapter 2 Includes following Exercises Solutions PDF
- RS Aggarwal Chapter 2 Class 10 Maths Exercises 2.1 (ex 2a) Solutions
- RS Aggarwal Chapter 2 Class 10 Maths Exercises 2.2 (ex 2b) Solutions
- RS Aggarwal Chapter 2 Class 10 Maths Exercises 2.3 (ex 2c) Solutions
Exercise 2.1 is based on the same concept. In the next section, the relationship between zeroes and coefficients of a polynomial is explained.
Exercise 2.2 consists of questions in which students need to find the sum and product of zeroes of the given polynomial. Moving further, students will learn about the division algorithm for polynomials. In this section, the method of dividing one polynomial by another is discussed.
If p(x) and g(x) are any two polynomials with g(x) not equal to 0,then we can find polynomial q(x) and r(x) such that:
p(x)=g(x) q(x)+ r(x), where r(x) = 0 or degree of r(x)< degree of g(x).
Exercise 2.3 is based on the same.
Advantages of RS Aggarwal Class 10 Solutions Maths Chapter 2
- Detailed Explanation of the topic
- Strong Knowledge of Basics
- Easy to understand
- Helps to score More in the Exams
- Strong Knowledge of Basics
We have covered the detailed guide on RS Aggarwal Solutions for Class 10 Maths Chapter-2 Polynomials. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.