Pune University BE Chemical Environmental Engineering
B.E. (Chemical) ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING (2008 Pattern) (Elective – I) (Sem. – I)
Time :3 Hours] [Max. Marks :100
Instructions to the candidates:
1) Answer any three questions from each section.
2) Answers to the two sections should be written in separate books.
3) Neat diagrams must be drawn wherever necessary.
4) Pigures to the right indicate full marks.
5) Use of logarithmic tables, slide rule, Mollier charts, electronic pocket calculator and steam tables is allowed.
6) Assume suitable data, if necessary.
SECTION – I
QI) a) Write note on Kyoto Protocol.
b) Discuss about clean development mechanism.
Q2) a) Discuss the impact of hydro power on environment. b) Discuss various air pollution laws.
Q3) Discuss the effects of SOX on human health, vegetation 8 animals. 
Q4) Classify the different types of air pollutants and explain sampling train. 
Q5) Give the operating principles of spray tower, centrifugal scrubber and venturi scrubber, with neat diagram. 
Q6) What is absorption? How to control NOX by using absorption? Explain in detail. 
SECTION – II
Q7) a) Differentiate between Domestic and Industrial wastewater, b) What are the sources of wastewater in dairy industry.
Q8) Define – Oxygen deficit and discuss the method of determination of BOD constants. [IT]
Q9) Describe Trickling filter for wastewater treatment. Mention the advantages and disadvantages. 
QI 0) Explain with neat sketch photo catalytic reactor, its advantages, disadvantages and working. 
QII) Write notes on : [IT]
a) Recovery of material from process effluents.
b) Micro screening.
Q12) Write notes on : [IT]