NEET exam analysis 2019 | Expected cut off & Questions Asked
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is an all India National Level Entrance Exam conducted for Students who have passed 12th. The NEET exam is conducted for admission into various medical colleges and universities. The NEET entrance exam is an offline exam which was taken up by approximately 15.19 lakh students. As it is one of the top National Level Examination, the NEET exam was successfully concluded on May 5, 2019. To make students aware of the difficulty level of the exam and questions asked, here is the detailed NEET Exam Analysis. We have provided the complete exam analysis here for all subjects. Also, check the expected NEET Cut Off. Go through the blog to know more. Candidates who are willing to apply for NEET in the upcoming years can go through NEET Preparation Tips.
NEET Exam Analysis
The NEET Exam comprised of 90 questions from Biology (including Botany and Zoology) and 45 questions each from Physics and Chemistry. Students who had prepared well from the NCERT Books and Previous Year Papers were lucky as most of the questions were directly asked from them. The detailed subject-wise NEET Paper Analysis is described below.
Physics Section Analysis
- Physics section was the toughest amongst the three subjects.
- As per the experts and the medical aspirants, questions were tricky and conceptual based.
- The question was complex and required heavy calculations.
Chemistry Section Analysis
- The chemistry section the easiest section with some direct questions from NCERT books.
- This was a scoring subject with questions based on simple topics.
- Experts say that this year’s NEET paper was easier than previous years’.
Biology Section Analysis
- As per the experts, this year Biology was not the easiest section as it usually did.
- The questions were descriptive and time-consuming.
- The paper was dominated with questions from Microbes in Human Welfare and Cell: the unit of life chapters of Botany and Zoology respectively.
- Most questions required deep knowledge of the concepts and tested students aptitude as well.
NEET Cut Off 2019
The NEET Cut Off will be released along with the NEET result on June 5, 2019. As per last year NEET cut off, candidates belonging to UR category are required to score at least 119 marks (out of 720) in order to qualify NEET 2019 exam, while OBC/SC/ST category candidates need a minimum of 96 marks to qualify.
According to the experts, this year the cut off will not see any substantial upward trend as the paper complexity level remained similar to the previous years. Based on the NEET Exam Analysis, the paper difficulty level is similar to the previous year. Below is the NEET Cut Off for 2018. Go through the table to know the cut off trend.
Students might be confused about what is the NEET Minimum Qualifying Percentile? Below is the detailed explanation for NEET qualifying percentile.
CBSE uses percentile method as the NEET cut off. The percentile can be calculated by the following method:
- Suppose, you have scored Rank 50 in NEET and the total number of students appeared are 6, 00,000.
- The percentile will be: [600000-50)/600000] X 100 = 99.99
- You need to get 50 percentile for admission in Medical/Dental colleges.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Percentile|
|Unreserved (UR)||50th Percentile|
|Unreserved Physically Handicapped (UR-PH)||45th Percentile|
|Scheduled Caste (SC)||40th Percentile|
|Scheduled Tribe (ST)||40th Percentile|
|Other Backward Classes (OBC)||40th Percentile|
Thus, candidates will be updated when the NEET Result and NEET Cut Off is released. For time being, candidates can go through the NEET Exam Analysis. Candidates who are willing to applying for NEET Exam in the next years can study from the best NEET Preparation Books available online.
84% OffEbook₹120.00 ₹20.000088% OffEbook₹160.00 ₹20.000090% OffEbook₹200.00 ₹20.000088% OffEbook₹160.00 ₹20.000084% OffEbook₹120.00 ₹20.000090% OffEbook₹200.00 ₹20.000060% OffEbook₹270.00 ₹108.000060% OffEbook₹360.00 ₹144.000071% OffEbook₹375.00 ₹11271% OffEbook₹195.00 ₹5871% OffEbook₹425.00 ₹12730% OffEbook₹350.00 ₹245.000030% OffEbook₹100.00 ₹70.000040% OffEbook₹625.00 ₹375.000040% OffEbook₹625.00 ₹375.000040% OffEbook₹675.00 ₹405.000040% OffEbook₹625.00 ₹375.000040% OffEbook₹625.00 ₹375.000040% OffEbook₹625.00 ₹375.000025% OffEbook₹399.00 ₹299.2500
You may also like...