NCERT Class 11 biology chapter 2 exercise solutions enable the students to study the biological classification of all living organisms into 2 kingdoms that are Plantae & Animalia. These solutions are the best source of study material that is designed as per the CBSE board.
CBSE Class 11 Biology chapter 2 solutions provide the most precise and accurate solutions to all the questions available in the NCERT textbook.
NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 2 Biological Classification
The students can easily access the biology chapter 2 solutions pdf download online as well as offline. These solutions are crafted by the experts that assist the students to score good marks in their exams.
NCERT solutions provided here are in a question-answer format is easy to follow and understand that assists the students to answer the exercise questions with ease. Biology Chapter 2 Solutions are an extremely helpful tool in the preparation of the final exam because of the layout of the solution the exact answers that assist the students to learn the concept easily & get good marks.
You can download CBSE Class 11 Biology Chapter 2 NCERT Solutions from below.
What will you learn in NCERT Class 11 Biology Chapter 2?
In the solutions, the students will learn about simple differences in the morphological characteristics that led to the classification of plant and animal species. They will study that these entities exhibit excess metabolic diversity, where entities belonging to Kingdom Protista include single-celled eukaryotes, species of Kingdom Fungi exhibit great diversity in their habitat and structure.
They will learn Kingdom Plantae that comprises of all eukaryotic chlorophyll-containing entities while Kingdom Animalia includes heterotrophic eukaryotic, multicellular entities that lack a cell wall.
The students can use the Solutions for Biological classification for practice as well as for exam time revisions. These solutions are very useful for students while completing their assignments. 11th Biology Chapter 2 solutions cover the following exercises:
- Exercise 2.1 – Kingdom Monera
- Exercise 2.2 – Kingdom Protista
- Exercise 2.3 – Kingdom Fungi
- Exercise 2.4 – Kingdom Plantae
- Exercise 2.5 – Kingdom Animalia
- Exercise 2.6 – Viruses, Viroids, Prions & Lichens
Important terms in Biology Chapter 2 Biological Classification
- Algal bloom: They are found in polluted water & are the excessive growth of algae especially blue-green algae. They expel out oxygen & inhale carbon dioxide.
- Red-tides: It is the rapid multiplication of red-pigmented dinoflagellates like Gonyaulax that imparts a red color to the sea & generates toxins that kills fish and other aquatic entities.
- Viroids: These are short infectious agents that include a single-stranded RNA without a protein coat.
- Lichens: These are the symbiotic association of fungi and algae.
- Phycobiont: It is part of algae & prepares food by the process of photosynthesis which is utilized by both the organisms.
- Mycobiont: It is fungi part of the association that provides a structural covering that protects algae from the unfavorable condition.
Advantages of following NCERT Chapter 2 Solutions
You will get 12 intext questions with answers for Class 11 Bio Ch 2 NCERT Solutions in this PDF. NCERT helps students in acquiring knowledge about Biological Classification and increasing the quality of the answers which they are going to write in their Biology exam. If you download the free PDF of this chapter, then you will find multiple short and long questions and scientific meanings of Biological Classification in the exercise. Let us provide you with the solutions to the questions that are described in the exercise.
We have covered the complete guide on CBSE NCERT Solutions for Class 11 Biology Chapter 2 Biological Classification. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.