IIT Kanpur Syllabus Special topics in structural design Civil Engineering
IIT KANPUR SPECIAL TOPICS IN STRUCTURAL DESIGN SYLLABUS
- Elements of Prestressed concrete
- Introduction to seismic design
- Introduction to design of masonry structures
- Case studies in design of RC Structures (RC water tank, Building frame, etc.)
- Case studies in design of steel structures Industrial buildings
- Towers, chimneys
- Plate girder
Suggested text and reference material:
- Pillai, S.U., and Menon, D., Reinforced Concrete Design, Tata McGraw Hill, 2009
- Sinha, S.N., Reinforced Concrete Design, Tata McGraw Hill.
- Subramanian, N. (2008). Design of Steel Structures, Oxford University Press.
- Bhavikatti, S. S. (2010). Design of Steel Structures (by Limit State Method as Per IS: 800—2007), IK International
- Krishna Raju, N. (1995). Prestressed Concrete, Tata McGraw Hill
- Dayaratnam, P., “Brick and Reinforced Brick Structures”, Oxford & IBH Publishing House, 1997