IIM Ahmedabad Selection Criteria 2019
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad is a public business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India. The institute offers postgraduate diploma programmes in management and agri-business management, a fellowship programme and a number of executive training programmes. It is the top Management School in India. Every year lakhs of candidates take up CAT exam which is one among the MBA Entrance Exams to enter into top Mangement Schools. In 2019, with the CAT Result, 2018 candidates can get admission to management courses. If you are one among the IIM Ahmedabad aspirant, then you must know the selection process for admission. So go through the blog completely to know about IIM Ahmedabad Selection Criteria for 2019 batch.
IIM Ahmedabad has been liberalizing its admission criteria every year and this year also IIM A has modified the CAT score cutoffs for admission 2019-21 to improve further the academic diversity in its classrooms. The non-engineers and the candidates from diverse backgrounds, stand a good chance to get into IIM Ahmedabad now.
IIM Ahmedabad: PGP (2019-21) Eligibility Criteria
A candidate must fulfill the following conditions to get admission in IIM A.
- The bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification obtained by the candidate must entail a minimum of three years of education after completing higher secondary schooling (10+2) or equivalent.
- Candidates appearing for the final year bachelor’s degree/equivalent qualification examination and those who have completed the degree requirements and are awaiting results can also apply.
- Candidate should have completed education with 10+2+3/4 years format to be eligible to apply for the IIM-A’s PGP course.
- One of the most important points in IIM Ahmedabad Admission Eligibility criteria is that apart from a recognized graduate degree, the candidate should appear in CAT 2018 exam and must score minimum prescribed score in the entrance exam to become eligible for admission
IIM Ahmedabad Selection Criteria for Admission
IIM Ahmedabad Selection Criteria for admission 2019-21 is a two-step process involving
- preliminary screening and shortlisting criteria – has higher weightage for CAT exam score
- Final Selection – has low weightage to CAT Score
1. IIM Ahmedabad Shortlisting Criteria
A candidate will be shortlisted by IIM Ahmedabad if he/she meets the following shortlisting criteria. Below is the list of conditions that have to be fulfilled by the candidate
- The 1st stage of shortlisting in IIM Ahmedabad Selection Criteria includes 70% weight to CAT 2018 score and 30% weight to Academic Profile
- The candidate must have scored minimum percentile of 70 in each of the three sections of CAT 2018 which includes Quantitative Aptitude (QA), Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR) and Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)
- A candidate must have scored minimum percentile of 80 overall in CAT 2018
- If the candidate does not score the minimum prescribed percentile in CAT 2018, he/she will not be considered for shortlisting for the final selection stage.
- The candidate with excellent academics will be awarded higher points in shortlisting criteria
- 90% & Above marks in Class 10 will be awarded a top rating of 10 points
- For Class 12 also 90% and above marks will be awarded 10 points. However, a top rating of 10 for Class 12 will vary.
- For Bachelor’s degree weightage, top rating of 10 (Rating score C) varies for different streams. The academic streams are categorized from AC-1 to AC-7.
2. IIM Ahmedabad Final Admission Selection Round Criteria
- All the shortlisted candidates are eligible to participate in Final selection round for admission to IIM Ahmedabad
- IIM Ahmedabad selection criteria after final admission round award 50% weight to Personal Interview(PI); 10% weight to Academic Writing Test (AWT) and 40% Weight to CAT 2018 Score and Academics.
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Cutoff
IIM Ahmedabad cutoff 2019 has been reduced for admission 2019-21. Only the candidates above the minimum cut-offs in the CAT 2018 sectional percentile ranks, the overall percentile rank and obtaining a positive (greater than zero) raw score in all sections of CAT-2018 will be considered for all the subsequent stages.
|Category||Percentile Rank in Verbal & Reading Comprehension (PVRC)||Percentile rank in Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (PDILR)|
Percentile Rank in Quantitative Aptitude
|Overall Percentile Rank|
|NC-OBC cum transgender||65||65||65||75|
|PwD (All categories except ST)||60||60||60||70|
IIM Ahmedabad Admission Process
Below are the steps involved in the Admission Process
- Step 1: The candidate must have appeared and scored the minimum required percentile in CAT 2018
- Step 2: Candidates are short-listed for Academic Writing Test (AWT) and Personal Interview (PI) from among the candidates who have a valid CAT-2018 score, who have applied to the programme and who satisfy the eligibility criteria for the programme
- Step 3: After the AWT & PI round, admission offers are made by IIMA to successful candidates. The final selection is based on a various set of attributes which includes performance in CAT, performance in AWT & PI, academic, co-curricular and extra-curricular achievements, work experience among others
- Step 4: Final Admission Offer will be made to the candidates in the last week of April 2019 on the basis of Final Composite Score (FCS) which awards 50% weight to PI score, 10% weight to AWT score and 40% weight to CAT score & Academics
Hope candidates have received complete information regarding the IIM Ahmedabad Selection Criteria. You can check out the latest and updated Management Books available online.
- 10% OffEbook₹475.00 ₹427.500070% OffEbook₹399.00 ₹12070% OffEbook₹199.00 ₹6010% OffEbook₹750.00 ₹675.000010% OffEbook₹595.00 ₹535.500070% OffEbook₹299.00 ₹9071% OffEbook₹285.00 ₹8525% OffEbook₹175.00 ₹131.250010% OffEbook₹595.00 ₹535.500030% OffEbook₹75.00 ₹52.500071% OffEbook₹495.00 ₹14870% OffEbook₹350.00 ₹10571% OffEbook₹395.00 ₹11870% OffEbook₹375.00 ₹112.570% OffEbook₹350.00 ₹10510% OffEbook₹345.00 ₹310.500010% OffEbook₹575.00 ₹517.500071% OffEbook₹695.00 ₹208
You may also like...