ICWAI CMA Exam Date 2019 : Eligibility, Selection Process
The Institute of Cost Accountants of India (ICMAI), previously known as the Institute of Cost & Works Accountants of India (ICWAI) is a national level institute that conducts examination for Cost and Management Accountant (CMA). If you want to get hired by big organizations like Public Sector Undertakings, Insurance, Electricity, Banking Companies, Public/Private Limited Companies, Infrastructure Companies and Manufacturing and Service Industries as a Cost and Management Accountant, then you must clear ICWAI CMA Exam 2019. The exam is scheduled to be held in the month of June 2019. Here, in this blog, we have provided complete details of ICWAI CMA Exam Date, Eligibility criteria, and other details.
ICWAI CMA Exam Date 2019
To become a CMA, candidates must appear in all the three stages of Cost and Management Accountant by the Institute of Cost Accountants of India. The three stages are the CMA Foundation Examination, CMA Intermediate Examination, CMA Final Examination. Every year the exam is conducted twice: one in June and another one in December. Check out the ICWAI CMA Exam Date in detail.
ICWAI CMA Exam Date 2019 – June
|ICWAI CMA 2019 Events||Foundation Exam (Tentative)||Intermediate/ Final Exams (Tentative)|
|Last date to complete the registration||January 31, 2019||January 31, 2019|
|Issue of admit card||May 30, 2019||May 30, 2019|
|Exam Date||June 2019||June 2019|
|Result Declaration||August 2019||August 2019|
ICWAI CMA Exam Date 2019 – December
|ICMAI CMA 2019 Events||Foundation Exam (Tentative)||Intermediate/ Final Exams (Tentative)|
|Last date to complete the registration||July 31, 2019||July 31, 2019|
|Issue of admit card||November 30, 2019||November 30, 2019|
|Exam Date||December 2019||December 2019|
|Result Declaration||February 2020||February 2020|
Eligibility for ICWAI CMA Foundation
- Must have completed 10th or equivalent from a recognized institute or Board
- Or, should have done 10+2 or equivalent from a recognized Board
- Or, must have held a certificate in National Diploma in Commerce by All India Council for Technical Education
- Or, must have passed Diploma in Rural Service Examination by the National Council of Higher Education
Eligibility for ICWAI CMA Intermediate (Inter)
- must have completed 10+2 and must have completed Foundation Course from ICWAI/ICMAI (the Institute of Cost Accountants of India)/ a bachelor’s degree in any discipline (other than Fine Arts) from recognised University/ should have done Foundation (Entry Level) Part I examination of CAT of the Institute/ Foundation (Entry Level) Part I exam and Competency Level Part II exam of CAT of the Institute
- The candidates should have cleared Foundation of ICSI/ Intermediate of ICWAI/ICMAI with 10+2
Eligibility for ICWAI CMA Final
- must have completed 10+2 and Foundation Course of ICWAI/ICWAI/ Foundation (Entry Level) Part I examination of CAT of the Institute/ Foundation (Entry Level) Part I exam and Competency Level Part II exam of CAT of the Institute/ Graduation in any discipline other than Fine Arts
- Must have passed Foundation of ICSI/ Intermediate of ICWAI with 10+2
ICWAI CMA Selection Process
ICWAI CMA includes three stages of selection process. The three stages are the CMA Foundation Examination, CMA Intermediate Examination, CMA Final Examination. Candidates need to clear all the three stages to become CMA. Here is the explanation of all three stages.
1. CMA Foundation
- The course offered by the ICWAI CMA Foundation is known as CMA Foundation, which helps one become a certified management accountant and develop expertise in both financial accounting and strategic management.
- In addition to teaching the core strategy, management and accounting, it also focuses on regulatory.
- The certification signifies that the person possesses knowledge in the areas of financial planning, analysis, control, decision support, and professional ethics.
- The syllabus for CMA Foundation includes Fundamentals of Economics and Management (FEM), Fundamentals of Accounting (FOA), Fundamentals of Laws and Ethics (FLE), Fundamentals of Business Mathematics and Statistics(FBMS).
- In order to clear the CMA foundation, one should score at least 40% in each subject and overall must be 50% marks in aggregate.
2. CMA Intermediate
- It is a 12-month duration training and the second level after clearing ICWAI CMA Foundation.
- CMA Intermediate involves the study of topics and concepts such as Cost and Management Accountancy, Statistics, Auditing, Tax Laws and Tax Planning, Organization and Management Fundamentals, Accounting, Economics, and Business Fundamentals etc.
- The syllabus for CMA Intermediate consists of 8 units. These 8 units or chapters are: Paper – 5 Financial Accounting, Paper – 6 Laws & Ethics, Paper – 7 Direct Taxation, Paper – 8 Cost Accounting, Paper – 9 Operations Management & Strategic Management, Paper – 10 Cost & Management Accounting and Financial Management, Paper – 11 Indirect Taxation, Paper – 12 Company Accounts & Audit
- In order to clear the CMA Intermediate, one should score at least 40% in each subject and overall must be 50% marks in aggregate.
3. CMA Finals
- Candidates who have successfully cleared foundation and intermediate are directly through the CMA finals.
- The CMA finals includes 8 chapters or units. These chapters are Paper 13- Corporate Laws and Compliance, Paper 14- Advanced Financial Management, Paper 15- Business Strategy & Strategic Cost Management, Paper 16- Tax Management and Practice, Paper 17- Strategic Performance Management, Paper 18- Corporate Financial Reporting, Paper 19- Cost and Management Audit, Paper 20- Financial Analysis & Business Valuation.
- In order to clear the CMA Finals, one should score at least 40% in each subject and overall must be 50% marks in aggregate.
Well, hope you guys are preparing well for all stages of ICWAI CMA Exams. You can increase your preparation levels with a wide range of ICWAI CMA Books collection available online.