ICSI Notification Companies (Third Amendment) Regulations 2006
Companies (Third Amendment) Regulations, 2006 –
Substitution of regulations 25 and 31
NOTIFICATION NO. G.S.R. 556(E), DATED 14-9-2006 ISSUED BY MINISTRY
OF COMPANY AFFAIRS
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (5) and (8) of section 25 and subsection (2) of section 609 read with sub-section (2) of section 610A of the Companies Act, 1956 (1 of 1956), the Central Government hereby makes the following regulations further to amend the Companies Regulations, 1956, namely :—
1. (1) These Regulations may be called the Companies (Third Amendment) Regulations, 2006.
(2) They shall come into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies Regulations, 1956,— (i) for regulation 25, the following shall be substituted, namely :—
“25. (1) Any person who wishes to inspect a document registered, recorded or
filed by or with the Registrar in pursuance of the Act, shall apply to him for the
purpose along with fee prescribed in that behalf under clause (a) of sub-section
(1) of section 610 of the Act.
(2) The applicant shall be allowed to inspect the document, which do not form part of the electronic registry, only in presence of the registrar or of a person authorized by him in this behalf, and only during office hours.”
(ii) for regulation 31, the following shall be substituted, namely :— “31. The documents registered, recorded or filed with the Registrar electronically or documents which have been scanned and digitized and form a part of the electronic registry shall be available for inspection only in electronic manner on payment of fee as pres-cribed under clause (a) of sub-section (1) of Section 610 of the Act.”