Companies (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2006
Substitution of Regulation 19
NOTIFICATION NO. G.S.R. 497(E), DATED 21-8-2006, ISSUED BY MINISTRY
OF COMPANY AFFAIRS
In exercise of the powers conferred by sub-sections (5) and (8) of section 25 and subsection (2) of section 609, read with sub-section (2) of section 610A of the Companies
Act, 1956 (1 of 1956), the Central Government hereby makes the following regulations further to amend the Companies Regulations, 1956, namely:—
1. (1) These Regulations may be called the Companies (Second Amendment) Regulations, 2006.
(2) They shall came into force on the date of their publication in the Official Gazette.
2. In the Companies Regulations, 1956, for regulation 19, the following shall be substituted, namely:—
“19 (1). The following particulars shall be endorsed and maintained electronically or otherwise on every document registered, recorded or filed with the Registrar:—
(i) the number assigned to the company in the Register of Companies maintained by Registrar in pursuance of sub-regulation (1) of regulation 21;
(ii) a unique number assigned to the document; and
(iii) the date on which it is registered, recorded or filed.
(2) Every endorsement referred to in sub-regulation (1) shall either—
(i) be signed by the Registrar, and in such case, shall bear his official seal; or
(ii) be authenticated through a valid digital signature generated by computer system, in case of electronic documents.
(3) If the endorsement aforesaid cannot be conveniently entered into on the document itself, —
(a) in the case of a physical document, it shall be made on a separate sheet which shall be attached to the document with a note regarding such attachment being made on the document in question and signed by registrar;
(b) in the case of an electronic document, such endorsement be authenticated through a valid digital signature generated by computer system.”