Hotel Management Course Career Scope: With the trend of travel catching on among Indians and the country’s exotic appeal holding strong among foreigners, hospitality industry is experiencing a new unparalleled boom.
As new hotels, restaurants and cafes spring up in big cities and small towns alike, the requirement for trained professionals to run these facilities is growing too.
Besides being a profession with a certain glamour quotient, this career choice attracts the youth for its lucrative job profiles too. And it is one of the few professional courses where academic excellence is not a primary criterion for selection.
In this article, you will know about the detailed guide on Hotel Management Course, Career Scope & Growth.
Hotel Management Career Scope
Hotel management is a blanket term that includes different job profiles across the verticals of the hospitality industry. Within a hotel, candidates can be absorbed in different departments such as front office, operations, accounting, maintenance, security, sales and marketing, and kitchen, and can specialise in the field of their preference to pursue a successful career path.
|Download Ultimate Study Materials to Boost Your Hotel Management Exam Preparation|
|Hospitality & Hotel Management Management Books||Hospitality & Hotel Management Study Materials|
Hotel Management Admission
You should know that to get admission to the various courses in the hotel management is based on the entrance exam. The selection in the various courses is based on NCHMCT JEE 2020 conducted in the month of April. You have to fill the application for the same is out in the month of December.
Hotel Management Eligibility
If you are looking for a career in hotel management, then you must know the eligibility criteria for various courses. Make sure that you have met all the required eligibility criteria before filling the application form.
Here you can check the essential eligibility criteria for various Hotel Management courses:
- Hotel Management Certificate Course: The certificate courses are generally short-term courses for the duration of 6 months to one year. The candidates can pursue these courses after completing the 12th class.
- Hotel Management Diploma Course: A candidate must pass class 10th or 12th with a minimum 40% marks having English as a compulsory subject.
- Hotel Management Degree Course: for an undergraduate degree in hotel management, the candidate must be 12th passed with minimum of 50% and having English as a compulsory subject.
- Hotel Management Postgraduate Degree course: After completing an undergraduate degree program, the candidate may go for a postgraduate program. The basic eligibility for this program is 45% marks in graduation from a recognized university.
Hotel Management Courses
There is a large no. of courses available in the hotel management field. The student can choose the course as per his academic qualifications. The detailed list of the courses is given below:
- Diploma in Hotel Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Hotel Management (BHM)
- Bachelor of Arts in Hotel Management
- Bachelor of Science in Hotel Management
- BA (Hons) in Hotel Management
- BBA in Hotel Management
- Master of Science in Hotel Management
- MBA in Hotel Management
- Certificate Courses in Hotel and Catering Management
- Craftsmanship Courses
Top Colleges For Hotel Management
Some of the top institutes for pursuing hotel management in India are:
- Dr Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh
- Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Delhi Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
- Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
- Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai
- Institute of Hotel Management, Jodhpur
- Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow
- Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Applied Nutrition, Dehradun
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bhopal
- Institute of Hotel Management, Bhubaneswar
- Institute of Hotel Management, Gandhinagar
- Institute of Hotel Management, Gangtok
- Institute of Hotel Management, Goa
- Institute of Hotel Management, Gurdaspur
- Institute of Hotel Management, Guwahati
Hotel Management Job Roles
After completing this course you can get the job with specific job roles or designations given below:
- Kitchen Stewarding Supervisor
- Assistant Manager/Restaurant Manager
- Guest Relation Executive (GRE)
- Assistant Manager Administration
- Assistant Guest Delight Manager
- Front Officer Manger
- Restaurant Captain
- Housekeeping Associate/Team leader
In addition to hotels and restaurants, hotel management job profile also includes the following:
- Airline catering
- Airline cabin services
- Club management
- Cruise hotel management
- Hospital administration
- Hospital catering
- Employment with state tourism boards
- Employment with tourism and hotel associations
- Hospitality services in merchant navy
- Hospitality services in guest houses, resorts and forest lodges
- Hospitality services in MNCs
- Kitchen management for schools, colleges, hostels, factories
- Catering for government departments such as railways, shipping companies, armed forces and banks
Top Hotel Management Recruiters
The Top recruiters offering the job in this field are as following:
- Ambassador Group of Hotels
- Oberoi Group of Hotels
- Sarovar Park Group of Hotels
- ITDC Group of Hotels
- Jaypee Group of Hotels
- K Raheja Group of Hotels
- Le Meridien Group of Hotels
- Taj Group of Hotels
Hotel Management Salary Structure
The hotel management Salary Structure varies from one chain or group to another. On an average, the starting salary is in the range of 1.8lakh to Rs 2.4 lakh annually or Rs 15,000 to Rs 20,000 per month. In addition, professionals employed in five-star or luxury hotels also earn a handsome sum in tips and bonuses.
The most lucrative aspect of this career is the stupendous growth in hotel management salary. As per latest hotel management industry career trends, you can expect a 45 per cent hike in your remuneration within two years, which is unheard of in any other field.
Mid-level professionals in different departments earn anywhere between Rs 5 to 10 lakh annually, and at the senior level, salaries are in the range of Rs 12 to 82 lakh per year.
Hotel Management Career Growth
As per the recent statistics released by the Institute of Hotel Management (IHM), there is expected to be a 25 per cent growth in the hospitality industry in India.
This naturally means more jobs not only in teir-1 cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata and Bangalore but also small towns and semi-urban areas that are coming up as tourist centres. In this scenario, hotel management professionals will certainly have ample employment avenues.
As far as hotel management career growth goes, the climb up the hierarchical ladder depends entirely on personal capabilities and performance. There are young, dynamic professionals who reach managerial levels within the industry in less than five years.
These are the people who go on to hold top positions in different departments in this sector. Apart from the professional training and expertise, it is the grit and determination to survive the grind and still deliver your best that determines how far you will go in this field.
We have covered the detailed guide on Hotel Management Course Career Scope, Salary & Growth. Feel free to ask us any question in the comment section below.