Indian Post GDS Salary: The GDS Salary of 2020-21 is known as the Time-Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA) and the candidates are paid for 4 or 5 hours of service. Candidates desirous of joining a government job should know all information about salary and job profile. In this article, we will provide all the details about the Indian Post GDS Salary structure, Gramin Dak Sevak Salary scale, job profile, assignment, and other benefits of Gramin Dak Sevak. Read on to find out.
- Know all the details of the GDS Examination.
Gramin Dak Sevak Salary 2021 | Indian Post GDS Salary
Before getting into the details, let’s have a look at the posts under India Post GDS recruitment. The posts are listed below.
- Branch Post Master (BPM)
- Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM)
- Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)
Now let’s go through the post-wise GDS Salary salary and the job profile mentioned below:
Indian Post GDS Salary 2020-21 (Post-Wise Payscale): Post Office Salary Structure
The salary for GDS posts is referred to as Time Related Continuity Allowance (TRCA). Check the new Indian Post GDS salary for Gramin Dak Sevak, ABPM, and BPM posts from below:
Min. TRCA for 4 Hours
Min. TRCA for 5 Hours
Gramin Dak Sevak
Note that candidates recruited for GDS posts will be initially placed under the TRCA 4 hours category. Also, the above-mentioned salary is the minimum pay and other allowances and increments are applicable as per rules.
GDS BPM Salary 2020-21 | Branch Post Master Salary
The Branch Post Master Salary details for BPM or Branch Post Master is as below:
- The minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level 1 in the TRCA slab is 12000/- per month and the maximum is Rs.29, 380/-.
- The minimum TRCA for 5 Hours/Level 2 in the TRCA slab is 14500/-per month and the maximum is Rs. 35,480/-.
GDS ABPM & Dak Sevak Salary 2020-21
- The minimum TRCA for 4 Hours/Level 1 in the TRCA slab has been increased to 10000/- per month and the maximum toRs.24, 470/-.
- The minimum TRCA for 5 Hours/Level 2 in the TRCA slab is the 12000/-per month and the maximum to Rs. 29,480/-.
GDS BPM Job Profile
Job Profile or Work Profile of Branch Post Master – BPM
1. The Branch Post Master is responsible for handling all postal work for Gram Panchayat.
2. This will include management matters of the post office branch, India Post Payment Bank
3. Ensure uninterrupted operation of the counter during business hours using digital devices such as handheld devices, mobile phones, laptops, etc.
4. Records management, post-marketing, Indian postal payment banking services, and village business purchase or gram panchayat
5. Originally, BPM would be the head of the branch. That is, he must manage the work to be done in his branch.
6. The Branch Postmaster is responsible for promoting government schemes like Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, Money Deposit, etc., and tries to open the maximum number of accounts in his branch.
7. BPM is also responsible for handling money orders, book publications, express publications, etc.
8. BPM will be responsible for the proper and timely operation of the post office, including postal messages and postal delivery.
9. Marketing organization, food organization, business acquisition, and any other work assigned by supervisors is an important task for BPM.
10. BPM is responsible for entrusting the distribution task to the interested party.
GDS ABPM Job Profile
- The Assistant Postmaster of the branch should help the BPM with the proper functioning of the branch.
- Take care of mail sales/stamps/stationery, transport, and delivery on door deposits/payments / other transactions under IPPB
- ABPM is involved in all basic functions, such as the sale of postage stamps and stationery, mail transport and delivery, deposit/payment / other transactions under IPPB, assisting postmaster of branches in counter works using portable devices/smartphones department.
- ABPM is also involved in marketing, business acquisition, and branch postmaster, or any other function specified by IPO / ASPO / SPO / SSPO / SRM / SSRM and other supervisory officers.
- The branch postmaster should also perform joint BPM work upon request.
Dak Sevak Job Profile
- Dak Sevak is involved in all functions such as the sale of stamps and stationery, conveyance and delivery of mail, and any other duties assigned by Postmaster/Sub Postmaster including IPPB work in the Departmental Post Offices/RMS.
- Dak Sevak needs to assist the Post Masters/Sub Postmasters in managing the smooth functioning of Departmental Post Offices and do marketing, business procurement, or any other work assigned by Supervising authorities.
- In Railway Mail Services (RMS), Gramin Dak Sevak has to involve in work such as closing/opening of bags, transport of bags from one place to another, and any other works allotted by the RMS authorities.
GDS Allowances After 7th Pay Commission
- Employers working with Gramin Dak Sevak can benefit from the children’s education allowance of up to Rs 6,000 per year.
- Employers can charge a flat fee of Rs 25 per month.
- A one-time transfer is allowed for male candidates and 2 times for female candidates.
- BPM can dispose of Rs 500 for standard office rental and Rs 200 for non-standard office rental.
- Employers can also opt for voluntary retirement benefits with a minimum service of 10 years.
What is GDS Full Form?
The full form of GDS is a Gramin Dak Sevak.
- Know more at the GDS official website.
FAQs on GDS Salary
What is the local postmaster’s monthly salary?
The postmaster is hired through GDS online engagement, and the village Salary of the postmaster is Rs. 12,000 for 4 hours and Rs. 14,500 for 5 hours, according to the GDS recruiting notification.
What is the GDS salary?
Gramin Dak Sevaks are paid Rs. 10,000 per month for 4 hours of employment and Rs. 12,000 per month for 5 hours of duty.
What are the posts under India Post GDS recruitment?
Branch Post Master (BPM)
Assistant Branch Post Master (ABPM)
Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS)
What is GDS Officer Job Profile?
You can refer to the above article to get the complete GDS Officer Job Profile.
What is GDS BPM Salary after 3 years?
The GDS BPM Salary after 3 years is Rs. 13,500.