GATE Biotechnology Syllabus 2022: You should know the latest Syllabus and marking scheme to prepare for the GATE Biotechnology exam. The latest GATE Syllabus, lets you know the important chapters and concepts to be covered in all subjects.
Biotechnology is covered in various engineering branches like Bioinformatics, Biomedical engineering and in biotechnology itself. GATE 2022 Biotechnology Syllabus include Engineering Mathematics, Biotechnology, Recombinant DNA Technology, Plant and Animal Biotechnology and Bioprocess Engineering and Process Biotechnology.
In this article, you will get the complete guide on the GATE 2022 Biotechnology Syllabus and Exam Pattern.
GATE Biotechnology Syllabus 2022
With the latest Syllabus, you can create a solid study plan and score a better mark in the GATE Biotechnology exam. Based on the score in GATE, you can shape your career in the proper way.
With a better GATE score, you can choose the most suitable option from a wide range of roads to travel to his final career destination:
- MTech/M.S./ M.E.
- Jobs in PSU’s
- Junior Research Fellow/ Senior Research Fellow
GATE Biotechnology paper will have questions from topics:
- Section 1 – Engineering Mathematics
- Section 2 – General Biotechnology
- Section 3 – Recombinant DNA Technology
- Section 4 – Plant and Animal Biotechnology
- Section 5 – Bioprocess Engineering and Process Biotechnology
Detailed GATE 2022 Syllabus for Biotechnology (BT)
Recombinant DNA Technology
Plant and Animal Biotechnology
Bioprocess Engineering and Process Biotechnology
Download the latest GATE Biotechnology Syllabus 2022 PDF from below.
GATE Biotechnology Exam Pattern 2022
Check the Latest GATE Biotechnology exam pattern and understand the type of questions and marking.
|Exam Duration||Three hours|
|Mode of examination||Computer-based test|
|Question type||Objective type and Numerical Answer Type (NAT)|
|Total no. of questions||65|
|Sections||Aptitude Engineering, Mathematics, Biotechnology|
|Marking Scheme||One mark MCQs – 1/3 score will be reduced for every incorrect response.
Two mark MCQs – 2/3 mark will be reduced for every incorrect answer.
No marks will be deducted for unattempted questions
No negative marking for Numerical Answer Type (NAT) questions
Preparation Tips for GATE 2022 Biotechnology Paper
1. Solving Previous Years Papers
- You should solve previous year papers for Biotechnology to get the idea regarding the type of questions asked in the exam.
- You can boost the speed to solve a problem.
- Take a note of the mistakes done and try not to repeat them again.
- You can also get an idea about how to use the virtual calculator for calculations.
2. Improve Speed and Accuracy
- You must work on the accuracy of the answers.
- Once you master accuracy then you can automatically gain speed.
- Both speed and accuracy matter a lot in the exam.
- Your accuracy will help in improving your performance in the exam along with your speed.
3. Do not Mix Topics/Sections
- You should not to juggle between two topics or sections at the same time. By doing so you will lose your concentration and confidence.
- First complete one topics then move for the next topic.
- The best way to start your preparation is to begin from the basics. Once your basics topics or sections are clear in mind then you can easily solve other relevant topics easily.
- Do not panic and try to complete your syllabus 2-3 weeks before the exam so that you have ample time for revisions.
Now you have a detailed guide on GATE Biotechnology Syllabus 2022. If you have any questions related to GATE Biotechnology Syllabus, please let us know in the comment section.