GATE 2017 Notification
The Organizing Institute for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering 2017 (GATE 2017) is (IIT) Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee
Admissions to Postgraduate Courses (Masters and Doctoral) with MHRD and other Government Scholarships/ Assistant-ships in Engineering/Technology/ Architecture/Science are open to those who qualify in GATE.The GATE score is also used by some PSUs for their recruitment.The validity of GATE 2017 score shall be for three years.
Candidates with any of the following qualifications are eligible to appear in GATE.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineer-ing /Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E / B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Examination Pattern : Examinations for all the papers shall be conducted in ONLINE mode only (Computer Based Test).
Application Fee :
Application Fee Candidates have to apply only ONLINE.
The application fee is :
- 750 for women candidates.
- 750 for the SC /ST/PwD category candidates.
- 1500 for all other candidates.
The application fee has to be paid only online either through net Banking or e-challan.
- Starting Date: 1st September, 2016 (Thursday)
- Ending Date: 4. October, 2016 (Tuesday)
|GATE 2017 Online Examination Dates:||February 4 – 5, 2017 & February 11 – 12, 2017 (Saturdays and Sundays only)|
|GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission||September 1, 2016 (Thursday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website||October 4, 2016 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login||November 16, 2016 (Wednesday)|
|Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing||January 5, 2017 (Thursday)|
|Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website||March 27, 2017 (Monday)|
Click Here For Best Reference Books For GATE 2017 : Available For All Streams