The Graduate Aptitude Test for Engineering (GATE), an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) and seven of the Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) tests the technical knowledge of students in various undergraduate subjects of Engineering.
Many Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) recruit through GATE. This means that while a GATE score was earlier the ticket to master’s’ programs in reputed institutes, it is now also a gateway to PSU jobs.
Some of the PSUs recruiting through GATE 2016 are listed below:
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd.
- Indian Oil Corporation Ltd.
- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- Central Electronics Limited (CEL)
- Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
- Mazagon Dock Limited
- National Projects Construction Corporation Limited (NPCC)
- West Bengal State Electricity Distribution Company
- National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC) Ltd.
- Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSTCL)
- Gas Authority of India Limited (GAIL)
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL)
- Oil and Natural Gas Corporation Limited (ONGC)
- National Thermal Power Corporation Limited (NTPC)
- National Buildings Construction Corporation Ltd. (NBCC)
- National Fertilisers Ltd (NFL)
- Neyveli lignite corporation ltd (NLC)
- Oil India Ltd
- Cabinet Secretariat, Govt of India
- Institute of Plasma Research (IPR)