CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Information Technology PDF: Central Board of Secondary Education Conducts Board Exams Every Year for 10th and 12th Students, The Percentage or CGPA which you got from the CBSE 10th Board Exams are Highly Important.
For this One has to be Thorough with all the Subject Class 10 it Syllabus 2020-21 and Exam pattern.10th Information Technology is Prepare you well with Good basic Knowledge for Engineering Profession.
In this article, we are Providing Complete details about CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Information Technology and the Exam Pattern for the Same.
Revised CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Information Technology 2020-21 | Class 10 IT Syllabus 2020-21
If you are aspiring to be an IT professional in the future, then you can build a better foundation by studying Class 10 IT Syllabus 2020-21. You will have a beginner level idea on Information Technology. It will definitely help you in the near future.
IT Syllabus Class 10 CBSE 2020-21 will cover all important facts and concepts behind the technology. You will get a clear idea about IT after completion of the course.
CBSE Class 10 Information Technology Exam Pattern
10th Clas CBSE IT Exam Pattern is as Follows, Class 10 Information Technology Subject Exam is for 100 Marks, where Theory will Contain 50 Marks and Practicals for 50 Marks
CBSE Class 10 Information Technology [2020-21]
Mark Distribution For CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Information Technology 2020-21
Here you can check the complete mark distribution for CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Information Technology 2020-21
|Part A||Employability Skills|
|Basic ICT Skills|
|Part B||Vocational Skills|
|Word Processing (Advanced)||40|
|Part C||Practical Work|
|Part D||Project Work/Field Visit|
|Practical File/ Student Portfolio||10|
Information Technology Code 402 Syllabus Class 10 2020-21
Detailed CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Information Technology 2020-21
Unit 1: Word Processing (Advanced)
1. Apply Styles in the document
- Style categories in Writer.
- Styles and Formatting window.
- File Format.
- Creating and updating a new style from the selection.
- Load style from a template or another document.
- Creating a new style using drag-and-drop.
- Applying styles.
2. Insert and use images in document
- Options to insert images to document from various sources.
- Options to modify, resize, crop, and delete an image.
- Drawing objects and their properties.
- Creating drawing objects and changing its properties.
- Resizing and grouping drawing objects.
- Positioning the image in the text.
3. Create and use the template
- Template in Writer.
- Using predefined templates.
- Creating a template.
- Set up a custom default template.
- Updating a document.
- Changing to a different template.
- Using the Template.
4. Create a table of contents
- Table of contents.
- Hierarchy of headings.
- Customization of the table of contents.
- Character styles.
- Maintaining a table of contents.
Unit 2: Spreadsheet Applications (Advanced)
1. Analyse data using scenarios and goal seek.
- Using consolidating data.
- Creating subtotals.
- Using “what if” scenarios.
- Using “what if” tools.
- Using goal seek and solver.
2. Link spreadsheet data
- Setting up multiple sheets.
- Creating a reference to other sheets by using a keyboard and mouse.
- Creating a reference to other documents by using a keyboard and mouse.
- Relative and absolute Hyperlinks.
- Hyperlinks to the sheet.
- Linking to external data.
- Linking to registered data sources.
3. Share and review a Spreadsheet
- Setting up a spreadsheet for sharing.
- Opening and saving a shared spreadsheet.
- Recording changes.
- Add, Edit, and Format the comments.
- Reviewing changes – view, accept, or reject changes.
- Merging and comparing.
4. Use Macros in Spreadsheet
- Using the macro recorder.
- Creating a simple macro.
- Using a macro as a function.
- Passing arguments to a macro.
- Passing the arguments are as values.
- Macros to work like built-in functions.
- Accessing cells directly.
- Sorting the columns using a macro.
Unit 3: Database Applications
1. Introduce with LibreOffice Base
- What is Base, LibreOffice Base for database Management
- Types of database – flat and relational database
- Planning for Database Creation
- Sections of main database window: Database, Tasks, and List
- Options to create a new database using the Database Wizard
- Options to open an existing database using the Database Wizard
2. Create a table using table wizard
- Database objects – tables, queries, forms, and reports of the database
- Terms in the database – table, field, record
- Steps to create a table using table wizard
- Major steps – Select fields, Set types and formats, Set primary key, Create a table
- Field information – type, entry required (Y/N), Length
- Various data types in Database
- Primary key and option to set the primary key
- Table Data View dialog box
3. Enter or remove data using the Table Data View dialog
- The process to open the Table Data View dialog box
- The process to enter data into an empty table and empty cell
- Steps to Modify data in a cell of a table
- Steps to Delete data from a table
4. Create a simple form using the Form Wizard
- Two ways to open the wizard for creating a form
- Steps to create a form using Form Wizard – Select the fields from the table to form, Set up subform, add subform fields and get joined fields, Arrange the controls of the form, Select the data entry mode, Apply the style of a form, Set the name of the Form
- Options to enter or remove data from forms
- Options to enter or remove data from individual controls
- Form Navigation toolbar
- Options to delete records in a form
5. Query the database using the Query Wizard
- What is Query in database
- Planning a Query based on the desired output
- Steps to create a Query using the Form wizard
- Concept of sorting and sort order, searching and search conditions, grouped by and grouping conditions, aliases
- Examples of Queries
6. Create Reports using the wizard
- Concept and purpose of Report in database
- Steps to create a Report using Report Wizard
- Examples of Reports
Important: How to Prepare for Information Technology Class 10 Exam?
You should follow the steps given below to prepare for the Information Technology Class 10 exam.
Go through the CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Information Technology 2021
In the 10th class standard, there is a rare possibility of awareness about the CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Information Technology among students. Students have a tendency to follow the instructions and directions which have given by their teachers.
You are needed to be aware of the Information Technology Class 10 Syllabus which is prescribed for the examination. To scale up your score and understanding, you will need to cover the entire syllabus with proper revision.
Make a Time-Table for Information Technology
Planning is the most important factor while preparing for exams. Prepare a time table for board preparations and give enough time for 10th Information Technology. Choose the time as per your daily schedule.
Never allow long hours of studies in your time-table. Try to include short breaks between long hours of studies. Also, make sure to give some time for playing and re-energizing yourself.
Strength & Weakness
Firstly, find out about the strength & weaknesses. Work on your weak points or topics and try to improve them. If you find difficulties in solving some questions you can take help from your class teachers, classmates, and tutors.
In the 10th class standard, there is a rare possibility of awareness about the syllabus among students. Students have a tendency to follow the instructions and directions which have given by their teachers.
Students are needed to be aware of the syllabus which is prescribed for the examination. Students can consult with their teachers about the prescribed syllabus. To get high marks, you will need to cover the entire syllabus with revision.
Solve Sample Papers
Various sample papers and 10 years of previous papers are available at the bookstores in the market. Buy such sample papers and 10 years of previous papers and try to solve them, besides the questions given in your books at the end of each topic.
It will certainly help the students for their perfect preparation and students get a better idea of the format as it will appear in their board examinations. Also, try to solve the questions given at the end of each topic.
Make Brief Notes
Making brief notes has been very helpful always while your preparation and study for board examinations. Always note down and make precise notes from your textbooks and reference books and from your class lessons.
Highlight important headings and formulae in your notes and books as you could find them easily when needed. Your notes will be good stuff for revision at the near time of your examinations. Make separate notes for each subject.
Don’t Leave for the End
Some of the students usually do one common thing this includes leaving some topics and lessons for the end. This habit may create pressure on you at the end or at the revision time. Always cover all topics before 2 months of the start of the examination. So that you can revise once whatever you have studied during your preparation.
Now you have made your notes. It is a good time to revise these. A good revision can make your best score in board examinations. Always concentrate on those topics in which you are comparatively weak. Before revision make sure that you have complete your entire syllabus.
Must Stay Fit
Follow the proper exercise, healthy diet, and complete & comfortable sleep. Besides good preparation and study, rest and sleep are also essential for best learning. Follow a healthy diet while preparing for the exams. Do yoga, exercise, and meditation, it will help you to concentrate better in your studies and stay completely free of stress.
We have covered the complete guide on CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Information Technology 2020. Feel free to ask any questions related to CBSE Class 10 in the comment section below.
FAQ: CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Information Technology
How to Prepare for Information Technology Class 10 Exam?
You can refer to the above article to know about the preparation tips for Information Technology Class 10 Exam.
What is IT Syllabus Class 10 CBSE 2020-21?
You can refer to the above article to know the complete details for IT Syllabus Class 10 CBSE 2020-21.
Is the CBSE Class 10 IT exam tough?
No, with good preparation you can score good marks in the CBSE Class 10 IT Exam.
CBSE Class 10 IT Exam is of how many marks?
CBSE Class 10 IT Exam is of 100 marks.
What is the segregation of the CBSE Class 10 IT Exam is of marks?
You will get practical for 50 marks and a theory paper of 50 marks.