CBSE Class 11 History Syllabus 2021: History is an important subject for Class 11 Arts Stream. The History syllabus is defined in such a manner that student is explored to all important historical events that they should be aware of at this particular age. There are many reasons for various events that have happened so far and due to which many advantages and disadvantages are raised.
To prepare correctly for CBSE Class 11 History board exam, you must have the latest syllabus along with books and other study materials. You should have a depth concept in every topic of Class 11 History to score better marks CBSE Class 11 Board exam.
In this article, you can check Detailed CBSE Class 11 History Syllabus for better preparation.
CBSE Class 11 History Syllabus and Exam Pattern | Syllabus of History Class 11 CBSE 2020-21
You can check and download the latest Syllabus of History Class 11 CBSE 2020-21 and Exam Pattern from below. You can also download NCERT History Textbook PDFs based on the latest syllabus.
CBSE Class 11 History Exam Pattern | Class 11 History Question Pattern
|1.||Introduction to World History|
|Section A: Early Societies||15|
|3.||From the beginning of time|
|Section B: Empires||20|
|6.||An empire across three continents|
|7.||Central Islamic lands|
|Section C: Changing Traditions||20|
|11.||Changing cultural traditions|
|12.||Confrontation of cultures|
|Section D: Paths to Modernization||20|
|14.||The Industrial Revolution|
|15.||Displacing indigenous People|
|16.||Paths to modernization|
|Map work (units 1-16)||5|
Secure Higher Grades and Chase Your Dream
Class 11th History Syllabus 2020-21 | History Syllabus Class 11 CBSE 2020-21
CBSE Class 11 History Syllabus 2020-21 Section A: Early Societies
1. Introduction to World History
3. From the Beginning of Time
Focus: Africa, Europe till 15000 BC
- Views on the origin of human beings.
- Early societies.
- Historians’ views on present-day hunting-gathering societies.
4. Early Cities
Focus: Iraq, 3rd millennium BC
- Growth of towns.
- Nature of early urban societies.
- Historians’ Debate on uses of writing.
CBSE Class 11 History Syllabus 2020-21 Section B: Empires
6. An Empire across Three Continents
Focus: Roman Empire, 27 B.C to A.D 600.
- Political evolution
- Economic expansion
- Late Antiquity
- Historians’ views on the institution of Slavery
7. Central Islamic Lands
Focus: 7th to 12th centuries
- Historians’ viewpoints on the nature of the crusades
8. Nomadic Empires
Focus: the Mongol, 13th to 14th century
- The nature of nomadism
- Formation of empires
- Conquests and relations with other states
- Historians’ views on nomadic societies and state formation
CBSE Class 11 History Syllabus 2020-21 Section C: Changing Traditions
10. Three Orders
Focus: Western Europe, 13th-16th century
- Feudal society and economy
- Formation of states
- Church and Society
- Historians’ views on decline of feudalism
11. Changing Cultural Traditions
Focus on Europe, 14th to 17th century.
- New ideas, and new trends in literature and arts.
- Relationship with earlier ideas
- The contribution of West Asia.
- Historians’ viewpoints on the validity of the notion ‘European Renaissance’.
12. Confrontation of Cultures
Focus on America, 15th to 18th century.
- European voyages of exploration.
- Search for gold; enslavement, raids, extermination.
- Indigenous people and cultures – the Arawaks, the Aztecs, the Incas.
- The history of displacements.
- Historians’ viewpoints on the slave trade.
CBSE Class 11 History Syllabus 2020-21 Section D: Paths to Modernization
14. The Industrial Revolution
Focus on England, 18th and 19th century.
- Innovations and technological change
- Patterns of growth.
- Emergence of a working class.
- Historians’ viewpoints, Debate on ‘Was there an Industrial Revolution?’
15. Displacing Indigenous People
Focus on North America and Australia, 18th-20th century.
- European colonists in North America and Australia.
- Formation of white settler societies.
- Displacement and repression of local people.
- Historians’ viewpoints on the impact of European settlement on indigenous population.
16. Paths to Modernization
Focus on East Asia, late 19th and 20th century.
- Militarization and economic growth in Japan.
- China and the Communist alternative.
- Historians’ Debate on the meaning of modernization
17. Map Work on Units 1-16
Other Important Links Related to CBSE 11th History
Here you can check links to various study materials related to the 11th History
|11th History Sample Papers|
CBSE NCERT Textbook For Class 11 History 2020
History is an important subject for Class 11 Arts Stream. The book has multiple benefits from class 11 exam preparation to various entrance exam preparation.
Here you can download NCERT Textbook for Class 11 History for Hindi and English Medium.
We have covered the detailed guide on CBSE Class 11 History Syllabus 2020-21. Feel free to ask any questions related to CBSE Class 11 History in the comment section below.
FAQs on History Class 11 Syllabus 2020-21
What is the history syllabus for class 11?
Go through the above article for the complete history syllabus for class 11.
Is the CBSE 11th grade syllabus changing in 2020-21?
The Class 11 CBSE 2020-21 syllabus is also highly useful for students who are preparing to take competitive exams such as NEET and JEE Main. Because of the disruption created by COVID-19, CBSE has reduced the syllabus for Class 11 by up to 30% for all courses this year.
In History 11, how many chapters are there?
The History book for Class 11 has 11 chapters.
What is the best Class 11 history book?
The best Class 11 history book is NCERT Book.