WBUT Exam Papers EE Values And Ethics In Profession B Tech Forth Sem 2010
WBUT Exam Papers EE
Values And Ethics In Profession B Tech Forth Sem 2010
Time Allotted : 3 Hours
Full Marks : 70
The figures in the margin indicate full marks.
Candidates are required to give their answers in their own words
as far as practicable.
GROUP – A ( Multiple Choice Type Questions )
1. Choose the correct alternatives for any ten of the following :
10 x 1 = 10
i) The three £7s in the Three E Decade’ stand for
a) Economy, Environment and Entrepreneurship
b) Economy, Environment and Ethics
c) Economy, Entrepreneurship and Ethics
d) Environment, Entrepreneurship and Ethics.
ii) FERA stands for
a) the Foreign Exchange Revolution Act
b) the Foreign Economy Regulation Act
c) the Foreign Exchange Regulation Act
d) the Foreign Economy Revolution Act.
ill) An individual’s value system influences an individual’s
a) perceptions b) attitudes
c) behaviour d) all of these.
iv) Ethics concerns attempts to distinguish between a) right from wrong b) good from bad c) moral from immoral d) all of these.
v) ‘Values’is derived from
a) Virtue b) Viable
c) Valour d) Valoir.
vi) The word ‘Ethics’ comes from
a) Ethos b) Eternal
c) Egalitarian d) Elementary.
vii) The Bhopal Gas Tragedy occurred in a) 1984 b) 1980 c) 1986 d) 1992.
viii) Which of the following is an instrumental value ?
a) Satisfaction b) Peace
c) Hard work d) Security.
ix) Agriculture accounts for… of India’s GDP.
a) 20% b) 30%
c) 25% d) 35%.
xj The Air ( Prevention and Control of Pollution ) Act was introduced in
a) 1980 b) 1981
c) 1982 # d) 1983.
xi) The Environment Protection Act was introduced in
a) 1986 b) 1989
c) 1996 d) 1990.
xll) Technological progress is a factor
affecting the growth process of a country.
a) Non-economic b) Economic
c) Ethical d) Moral.
GROUP -B ( Short Answer Type Questions )
Answer any three of the following. 3×5= 15
- How would you define values ? Do you think that value education should be an integral part of engineering education ? 2 + 3
- In what ways is engineering profession different from other professions ?
- In which areas do the problems of man-machine interaction take place ?
- What do you understand by energy ^crisis ? What ways would you suggest to overcome this crisis ? 2 + 3
- In the context of authoritarian control of technology, do you
think that engineers should have political imagination ?
GROUP -G ( Long Answer Type Questions )
Answer any three of the following. 3 x 15 = 45
- Define ‘Code of Professional Ethics’. Explain some of the universally accepted codes of professional ethics. How far can Whistle blowing be treated as a failure of organizational ethics ? 2 + 6 + 7
- What is ‘Good Life’ ? “Happiness is a state of Mind.” Discuss the statement in the idea of Good Life. What is meant by Value Spectrum’ ? 4 + 6 + 5
- What do you mean by Transfer of Technology’ ? Discuss different forms through which technology flows from laboratory towards the place of application. State the problems that developing countries face regarding transfer of new technology. 3 + 6 + 6
- Discuss the statement “fragmentation of knowledge in small water tight compartments of specialization is a form of value crisis at the intellectual level”. Explain the psychological relationship between sound mental health and existence of integrated personality. 8 + 7
- What is meant by Environmental Ethics ? How Human- centeredness or Anthropocentrism is being one of the big constraints of maintenance of Ecological balance in the face of rapid technological growth ? Discuss ‘Deep Ecology’ in this regard. . .