Question papers are the best material to prepare any exam. To score better marks in the 4th semester, you should have depth knowledge in every subject. You can enhance your preparation by solving previous year question papers. It will give you information about the important chapters and concepts to be covered in all chapters.
Here we are providing you the complete guide on VTU CSE 4th Semester Analysis and Design of Algorithms Question Paper February 2005.
VTU CSE 4th Semester Analysis and Design of Algorithms Question Paper February 2005
You must have Analysis and Design of Algorithms Question Paper along with the latest Computer Science 4th sem Syllabus to enhance your semester exam preparation.
Here you can check the VTU CSE 4th Semester Analysis and Design of Algorithms Question Paper February 2005
Note: 1. Answer any FIVE full questions. 2. Algorithms should be accompanied by sufficient explanations.
1. (a) With the help of a flow chart explain the various stages of algorithm design and sis process.
(b) Distinguish between the two common ways to represent a graph. Given the representation of an undirected graph, explain how the following can be ascertained by the representation
i) The graph is complete
ii) The graph has a loop
iii) The graph has an isolated vertex
answer for each of the representations separately.
2. (a) Explain the concept of asymptotic notations/ indicating the normally used nota tions.
(b) Suggest a general plan for analysing the efficiency of non recursive algorithms. Suggest an algorithm to find whether the elements in an array are unique. Analyse it’s efficiency using the method suggested by you.
3. (a) What is a /bruteforce/ method? Under what conditions does the method become desirable?
(b) Discuss whether the travelling sales person problem can be solved by exhaustive search methods.
(c) State the merge sort algorithm and analyse its complexity.
4. (a) Suggest an algorithm based on divide and conquer methodology to multiply two large integers and analyze its performance.
(b) Suggest an algorithm for generating combinational objects based on decrease and conquer methodology.
5. (a) Explain the concept of 2-3 tree. How can keys be inserted into it? Comment on the efficiency of search operations on a 2-3 tree.
(b) With the help of necessary algorithms, explain the bottom up heap sort method of sorting.
6. (a) Explain the concept of hashing as a method of implementing dictionaries. What are the two main methods of resolving collisions? Briefly explain them. (10 Marks)
(b) With help of a Pseudocode, explain Warshall’s algorithm to find the transitive closure of a directed graph. Apply it to the following graph
7. (a) State and explain Dijkstra’s algorithm to find single source shortest paths.
(b) What is a Huffman tree? Explain an algorithm to construct the Huffman tree.
8. (a) Explain the concept of decision trees for sorting algorithms.
(b) What is backtracking? Explain it’s usefulness with the help of an algorithm. What are the specific areas of its applications?
We have covered VTU CSE 4th Semester Analysis and Design of Algorithms Question Paper February 2005. Feel free to ask us any questions in the comment section below.