UPTU Previous Year Questions Papers B Tech 6th Semester Fruits Vegetables and Plantation Products
UPTU Previous Year Questions Papers
B Tech 6th Semester
Fruits Vegetables and Plantation Products 2006-07
Note : (i) Attempt all questions.
(ii) All questions carry equal marks.
1. Attempt any four parts of the following :
(a) Discuss the nutritional aspects of fruits and vegetables.
(b) Comment on ripening of fruits.
(c) Explain the principle of C.A. Storage.
(d) Comment on low temperature preservation of foods.
(e) Discuss the term “CANNING” and explain the importance of Blanching and Exhausting in canning process.
(f) Discuss the process of mechanical dehydration of peas.
2. Explain the method of preparation of any four 5×4=20 of the following :
3. Explaining the importance of spices in processed 20 foods, write the salient feature of post harvest processing of any two of the following :
4. Attempt any two parts of the following :
(a) Processing of Tea leaves
(b) Cashewnut Processing
(c) Drying and Roasting of coffee beans.
5. Write notes on any two of the following :
(a) Importance of fermentation and Roasting of Cocoa beans
(b) Low fat cocoa – powder
(c) Tempering of Chocolate.