Syllabus of GTU Microprocesser and Interfacing 4th Sem EC
GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
Electronics and Communication Engineering
B.E Semester: 4
Subject Code 140701
Subject Name MICROPROCESSOR AND INTERFACING
1. Introduction to Microprocessor, Microprocessor systems with bus
organization, Microprocessor Architecture & Operations, Memory, I/O
Device, Memory and I/O Operations
2. 8085 Microprocessor Architecture, Address, Data And Control Buses, Pin
Functions, Demultiplexing Of Buses, Generation Of Control Signals,
Instruction Cycle, Machine Cycles, T-States, Memory Interfacing.
3. Assembly Language Programming Basics, Classification of Instructions,
Addressing Modes, 8085 Instruction Set, Instruction And Data Formats,
Writing, Assembling & Executing A Program, Debugging The Programs,
Decision Making, Looping, Stack & Subroutines, Developing Counters And
Time Delay Routines, Code Conversion, BCD Arithmetic And 16-Bit Data
4. Interfacing Concepts, Ports, Interfacing Of I/O Devices, Interrupts In 8085,
Interfacing of Data Converters (D-To-A And A-To-D), Programmable
Interfacing Devices Like 8279 Keyboard/Display Interface, 8255A PPI,
8253/8254 Timer, 8259A PIT, 8237 DMA Controller, Serial I/O Concepts,
SID And SOD, 8251A USART. Interfacing of above chips With 8085,
Programming them In Deferent Modes, Practical Applications
1. Microprocessor Architecture, Programming, and Applications with the 8085 – Ramesh S. Gaonkar Pub: Penram International.
2. Microcomputers and Microprocessors: The 8080,8085 and Z-80 Programming, Interfacing and Troubleshooting by John E. Uffenbeck.
3. Microprocessor and Microcontroller fundamentals. The 8085 and 8051 Hardware and Software by William Kleitz.
To download engineering ebooks, medical ebooks, management ebooks, free ebooks please visit www.kopykitab.com