Syllabus of Gujarat Technical University 4th Sem CSE
GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
B.E Semester: 4
Subject Name OPERATING SYSTEM
1. Introduction: What is an OS?, Evolution Of OS, OS Services, Types Of OS, Concepts of OS, Different Views Of OS, Concepts of OS
2. Process Management: Process, Process Control Block, Process States, Threads, Types of Threads, Multithreading.
3. Interprocess Communication: Race Conditions, Critical Section, Mutual Exclusion, Hardware Solution, Strict Alternation , Peterson’s Solution, The Producer Consumer Problem, Semaphores, Event Counters, Monitors, Message Passing, Classical IPC
Problems: Reader’s & Writer Problem, Dinning Philosopher Problem etc., Scheduling , Scheduling Algorithms.
4. Deadlock: Deadlock Problem, Deadlock Characterization, Deadlock Detection, Deadlock recovery, Deadlock avoidance: Banker’s algorithm for single & multiple resources, Deadlock Prevention.
5. Memory Management: Paging: Principle Of Operation, Page Allocation, H/W Support For Paging, Multiprogramming With Fixed partitions, Segmentation, Swapping, Virtual Memory: Concept, Performance Of Demand Paging, Page Replacement Algorithms, Thrashing, Locality.
6. Input Output Management Principles Of Input/Output H/W :I/O Devices, Device Controllers, Direct Memory Access, Principles Of
Input/Output S/W : Goals Of The I/O S/W, Interrupt Handler, Device Driver,Device Independent I/O Software Disks : RAID levels, Disks ArmScheduling Algorithm, Error Handling
7. File Systems Files :File Naming, File Structure, File Types, File Access, File Attributes, FileOperations, Memory Mapped Files, Directories : Hierarchical Directory System, Pathnames, Directory Operations, File System Implementation,
8. Implementing Files : Contiguous Allocation, Linked List Allocation, Linked List Using Index, Inodes, Implementing Directories In C, MS-DOS, UNIX. Shared Files, Disk Space Mgmt, File System Reliability, File System Performance
9. Security : Security Environment, Design Principles Of Security, User Authentication,
Protection Mechanism : Protection Domain, Access Control List
10. Case Study:Unix, Linux, Windows 2000.
11. Unix/Linux Operating System :Development Of Unix/Linux, Role Of Kernel & Function Of Kernel, System Calls, Elementary Shell Programming, Directory Structure, System Administration
12. Introduction To Multiprocessor And Distributed Operating System
1. Modern Operating Systems -By Andrew S. Tanenbaum (PHI)
2. Operating System – Internals & Design Principles -By William Stallings (PHI)
3. Operating Systems By D.M.Dhamdhare (TMH)
4. Unix System Concepts & Applications By Sumitabha Das (TMH)
5. Unix Shell Programming By Yashwant Kanitkar
Subject Name OBJECT ORIENTED ANALYSIS DESIGN AND UML
1. Introduction: About Object Orientated Technology, Development and OO Modeling History.
2. Modeling Concepts: Modeling design Technique, Three models, Class Model, State model and Interaction model.
3. Class Modeling: Object and class concepts, link and association, Generalization and Inheritance, Advanced class modeling- aggregation, Abstract class metadata, constraints.
4. State Modeling: Event, state, Transition and conditions, state diagram, state diagram behavior, concurrency, Relation of Class and State models.
5. Interaction Modeling:Use case Models, sequence models, activity models
6. Analysis and Design: Development Life cycle, Development stages, Domain Analysis-Domain class model, domain state model, domain interaction model, Iterating and analysis. Application Interaction model, Application class model, Application state
Model, Adding operation.
7. System Design: Estimating Performance, Making a reuse plan, breaking system into subsystems ,identifying concurrency, allocation of subsystems, management of data storage, Handling Global resources, choosing a software control strategy, Handling boundary condition, common Architectural style.
8. Class design: Overview of class design ,designing algorithms recursing downward, refactoring, design optimization, Adjustment of Inheritance, Reification of Behavior.
1. Oriented Modeling and Design wih UML second edition by michael Blaha and Comp Engg Sem-IV James Rambaugh
Subject Name MICROPROCESSOR AND INTERFACING
1. Introduction to Microprocessor, Microprocessor systems with bus organization, Microprocessor Architecture & Operations, Memory, I/O Device, Memory and I/O Operations
2. 8085 Microprocessor Architecture, Address, Data And Control Buses, Pin Functions, Demultiplexing Of Buses, Generation Of Control Signals,Instruction Cycle, Machine Cycles, T-States, Memory Interfacing.
3. Assembly Language Programming Basics, Classification of Instructions, Addressing Modes, 8085 Instruction Set, Instruction And Data Formats, Writing, Assembling & Executing A Program, Debugging The Programs, Decision Making, Looping, Stack & Subroutines, Developing Counters And Time Delay Routines, Code Conversion, BCD Arithmetic And 16-Bit Data
4. Interfacing Concepts, Ports, Interfacing Of I/O Devices, Interrupts In 8085, Interfacing of Data Converters (D-To-A And A-To-D), Programmable Interfacing Devices Like 8279 Keyboard/Display Interface, 8255A PPI, 8253/8254 Timer, 8259A PIT, 8237 DMA Controller, Serial I/O Concepts, SID And SOD, 8251A USART. Interfacing of above chips With 8085, Programming them In Deferent Modes, Practical Applications
1. Microprocessor Architecture, Programming, and Applications with the 8085 -Ramesh S. Gaonkar Pub: Penram International.
2. The 8051 micro controller – Ayala Pub: Penram International.
Subject Name Mathematics-IV
1. Complex numbers and functions: Limits of Functions, Continuity, Differentiability, Analytic functions, Cauchy-Riemann Equations, Necessary and Sufficient condition for analyticity, Properties of Analytic Functions, Laplace Equation, Harmonic Functions, Finding Harmonic Conjugate functions Exponential, Trigonometric, Hyperbolic functions and its properties. Multiple valued function and its branches: Logarithmic function and Complex Exponent function.
2. Complex Integration: Curves, Line Integrals (contour integral) and its properties. Line integrals of single valued functions, Line integrals of multiple valued functions (by choosing suitable branches). Cauchy-Goursat Theorem, Cauchy Integral Formula, Liouville Theorem, Fundamental Theorem of Algebra, Maximum Modulus Theorems.
3. Power Series:Convergence (Ordinary, Uniform, Absolute) of power series, Taylor and Laurent Theorems, Laurent series expansions. Zeros of analytic functions. Singularities of analytic functions and their classification Residues: Residue Theorem, Rouche’s Theorem, Argument Principle.
4. Applications of Contour Integration: Evaluating various type of definite real integrals using contour integration method.
5. Conformal Mapping and its applications: Mappings by elementary functions, Mobius transformations, SchwarzChristoffel transformation.
6. Interpolation: Interpolation by polynomials, divided differences, error of the interpolating polynomial.
7. Numerical integration: Composite rules, error formulae, Gaussian integration.
8. Linear algebraic equation: Solution of a system of linear equations: implementation of Gaussian elimination and Gauss-Seidel methods, partial pivoting. 9. Roots of equation: Solution of a nonlinear equation: Bisection and Secant methods, Newton’s
method, rate of convergence, Power method for computation of Eigenvalues.
10. Ordinary differential equations: Numerical solution of ordinary differential equations, Euler and RungeKutta methods.
1) R. V. Churchill and J. W. Brown, Complex variables and applicati (7th Edition),McGraw-Hill (2003).
2) J. M. Howie, Complex analysis, Springer-Verlag (2004).
3) M. J. Ablowitz and A. S. Fokas, Complex Variables- Introduction and Applications, Cambridge University Press, 1998 (Indian Edition).
4) E. Kreyszig, Advanced engineering mathematics (8th Edition), John Wiley (1999).
5) S. D. Conte and Carl de Boor, Elementary Numerical Analysis- An Algorithmic Approach (3rd Edition), McGraw-Hill, 1980.
6) C. E. Froberg, Introduction to Numerical Analysis (2nd Edition), Addison-Wesley,1981.
To download engineering ebooks, medical ebooks, management ebooks, free ebooks please visit www.kopykitab.com