Syllabus of GTU Digital Signal Processing 7th Sem EC
GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
Electronics & Communication Engineering
B. E. SEMESTER: VII
Subject Name: Digital Signal Processing
Subject Code: 171003
Signals, systems and signal processing, classification of signals, elements
of digital signal processing system, concept of frequency in continuous and
discrete time signals, Periodic Sampling, Frequency domain representation
of sampling, Reconstructions of band limited signals from its samples,
general applications of DSP
2. Discrete-Time Signals and Systems:
Discrete-Time Signals, Discrete-Time Systems, LTI Systems, Properties
of LTI Systems, linear convolution and its properties, Linear Constant Coefficient
Difference equations,. Frequency domain representation of
Discrete-Time Signals & Systems, Representation of sequences by
discrete time Fourier Transform, (DTFT), Properties of discrete time
Fourier Transform, and correlation of signals, Fourier Transform
3. The Z- Transform and Analysis Linear Time-of Invariant System:
Z-Transform, Properties of ROC for Z-transform, the inverse Z-transform
methods, Z- transforms properties, Analysis of LTI systems in time domain
and stability considerations. Frequency response of LTI system, System
functions for systems with linear constant-coefficient Difference equations,
Freq. response of rational system functions relationship between
magnitude & phase, All pass systems, inverse systems,
Minimum/Maximum phase systems, systems with linear phase.
4. Structures for Discrete Time Systems:
Block Diagram and signal flow diagram representations of Linear
Constant-Coefficient Difference equations, Basic Structures of IIR
Systems, Transposed forms, Direct and cascade form Structures for FIR
Systems, Effects of Co-efficient quantization.
5. Filter Design Techniques:
Design of Discrete-Time IIR filters from Continuous-Time filters-
Approximation by derivatives, Impulse invariance and Bilinear
Transformation methods; Design of FIR filters by windowing techniques,
Illustrative design examples of IIR and filters.
6. Discrete-Fourier Transform:
Representation of Periodic sequences: The discrete Fourier Series and its
Properties Fourier Transform of Periodic Signals, Sampling the Fourier
Transform, The Discrete-Fourier Transform, Properties of DFT, Linear
Convolution using DFT.
7. Fast Fourier Transform:
FFT-Efficient Computation of DFT, Goertzel Algorithm, radix2 and radix 4
Decimation-in-Time and Decimation-in-Frequency FFT Algorithms.
8. Architecture of DSP Processors- :
Harward architecture, pipelining, Multiplier-accumulator (MAC) hardware,
architectures of fixed and floating point (TMSC6000) DSP processors.
1. “Digital Signal Processing: Principles, Algorithm & Application”,4th edition,Proakis,
Manolakis, Proakis, Manolakis, Pearson
2. “Discrete Time Signal Processing”:Oppeheim, Schafer, Buck Pearson education
publication, 2nd Edition, 2003.
1. Digital Signal Processing fundamentals and applications, Li Tan , Elsevier
2. Fundamentals of digital Signal Processing –Lonnie c.Ludeman, Wiley
3. Digital Signal processing-A Practical Approach ,second edition, Emmanuel
Ifeacher, and Barrie W..Jervis, Pearson Education.
4. Digital Signal Processing, S.Salivahanan, A.Vallavaraj, C.Gnapriya TMH
5. Digital Signal Processors, Architecture, programming and applications by B. Venkatramani, M Bhaskar, Mc-Graw Hill
To download engineering ebooks, medical ebooks, management ebooks, free ebooks please visit www.kopykitab.com