Syllabus of GTU Advanced Microprocessor 8th Sem EC
GUJARAT TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY
ELECTRONICS AND COMMUNICATION ENGINEERING
B.E. SEMESTER : VIII
Subject Name: ADVANCED MICROPROCESSOR
1. Microprocessor and Its Architecture:
Internal 8086/8088 microprocessor architecture, Real mode memory addressing,
2. Programming The Microprocessor:
Data movement instructions, Arithmetic and logic instructions, Program control
instructions, string instruction, assembly language programming, assembler directives,
program development tools.
3. 8086 Hardware specifications:
8086 pin-outs and pin functions, Clock generator, Bus buffering and latching, Bus
timings, Ready and wait stat, minimum/maximum mode operation, Memory
interfacing with 8086, address decoding, Introduction to basic I/O interface, I/O port
4. Basic interrupt processing:
The purpose of interrupts, Interrupts, Interrupt instructions, the operation of a real
mode interrupt, Interrupt flag bits, storing an interrupt vector in the vector table.
Hardware interrupts: INTR and INTA
5. 80186, 80188 and 80286 microprocessors:
80186/80188 basic block diagram and basic features, Introduction to 80286 hardware
features, additional instructions.
6. The 80386 and 80486 microprocessor:
Introduction to 80386 microprocessor, Special 80386 registers, Memory
Management, Moving to protected mode, Virtual 8086 mode, Memory paging
mechanism, 80486 microprocessor architecture and memory system.
7. Pentium, Pentium Pro, Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium IV and Core2
Introduction to Pentium microprocessor, Special Pentium registers, Basic and
additional features of Pentium Pro, Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium IV and Core2
1. The Intel Microprocessors: 8086/8088, 80186/80188, 80286, 80386, 80486, Pentium, Pentium Pro Processor, Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium 4, and Core2 with 64-bit Extensions, 8th Edition , Barry B. Brey , Pearson Education
2. Microprocessors and Interfacing By Douglas V Hall Revised Second Edition, McGraw Hill Publication
3. The 8088 and 8086 Microprocessors, Programming, Interfacing, Software, Hardware and Applications, Fourth Edition, By Walter A Triebel and Avtar Singh, Pearson Education.
Practical/Term-work will be based on the topics covered in the syllabus, Programming using Dos and Bios Function Calls and applications.
To download engineering ebooks, medical ebooks, management ebooks, free ebooks please visit www.kopykitab.com