Sathyabama University Previous Years Question Papers
Measurements and Instrumentation BE Third Sem
Semester: IV Max.Marks: 80
Sub.Code:6C0096(2006-2007) Time: 3 Hours
Date: 08-05-2009 Session: FN
PART – A (10 x 2 = 20)
Answer ALL the Questions
1. What is measurement and measuring instruments?
2. What is signal generator? How it differs from oscillator?
3. What are the basic requirements of a transducer?
4. Draw circuit of wein’s bridge and its phasor diagram.
5. Compare moving coil and moving iron instruments.
6. What is the difference between analog voltmeter and digital
7. What are the various applications of cathode ray oscilloscope?
8. What the advantages and disadvantages between digital
techniques over analog?
9. What is a recorder? Give the classification of recorder.
10. How does a wave analyzer differ from a harmonic distortion
PART – B (5 x 12 = 60)
Answer All the Questions
11. Define random errors and explain how they are analyzed
12. Describe with the help of block diagram of sweep frequency.
Give its application.
13. Explain the principle of linear variable differential transducer.
14. Derive the balance equations for the Maxwell’s inductance bridge
and draw its phasor.
15. Explain the construction and working of PMMC meter with a
neat sketch. Derive the torque equation.
16. Explain the construction and working of D’Arsonval
17. Explain the working principle of digital storage oscilloscope and
18. Explain the working principle of digital multimeter with block
19. Explain working principle X-Y recorders how it is differ from
20. Explain the principle of spectrum analyser with neat diagram.