NIT Warangal Civil Engineering Syllabus DESIGN OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES
DESIGN OF CONCRETE STRUCTURES
Limit State design of Concrete Structures – Characteristic Strength and Loads – Reinforced concrete beams
– Flexure design – Shear design – Bond and Anchorage – Serviceability – RC Slabs – Columns and Footings
– Working stress method – Cantilever Retaining walls – Circular Water tanks – Stair case.
1. IS-456-2000, IS 3370 (Part IV), Bureau of Indian Standards, 2000.
2. Jain A.K., Reinforced Concrete (Limit State method), 1st Edition, Nemchand and Brothers, 1999.
3. P.C. Varghese, Limit State Design of Reinforced Concrete, 2nd Edition, Prentice Hall India, 2009.