NIT Srinagar Syllabus 3rd Sem Chemical
Friction, Centre of Gravity (Determination by integration) C.G. of wire in form of a plane curve, C.G. of a plane area. Stability of equilibrium, Principle of virtual work.
Simple harmonic motion, Elastic strings, simple Pendulum, Composition of two simple harmonic motions of the same period in the same straight line. Two dimensional motions: Tangential and Normal velocities & acceleration. Motion in a circle, Conical pendulum, Radial and transversal components of velocities and accelerations. Moment of Inertia of plane figures with respect of an axis in the plane and also with respect of an axis perpendicular to the plane.
Section – C:Laplace Transforms
Laplace transform, shifting theorem, Laplace transforms of different functions, Heaviside’s unit function. Dirac Delta function, its Laplace Transforms. Heaviside’s expansion theorem. Inverse Laplace transforms. Initial and Final value theorems, convolution theorem and it application, use of Laplace transforms in the solution of linear differential equations.
- Gupta, S.R. “Statics”, S. Chand and Company latest edition.
- Gupta, S.R. “Dynamics” S. Chand and Company latest edition.
- Spiegel, M.R., “Schaum’s Outline of Theory and Problems of Laplace Transforms”, Schaum’s Outline Series. McGraw-Hill, New York, 1965.
- Mickley, H.S., Sherwood, T.K. and Reed, C.E., “Applied Mathematics in Chemical Engineering”, McGraw-Hill, 1957.
- Varma, A. and Morbidelli, M., “Mathematical Methods in Chemical Engineering”, Oxford University Press, 1997.
- Kreyzig, E. “Advanced Engineering Mathematics” Wiley Eastern.