NIT Rourkela Syllabus BTech Organisational Behaviour
NIT Rourkela Syllabus | B-Tech ORGANISATIONAL BEHAVIOUR
(Faculty I/C: Prof B. Patnaik )5
2. J. B Miner, Organizational Behavior: Foundations, Theories, and Analyses,
Oxford University Press US, 2001.
Management of Human Resources in Organizations; Managerial roles and challenges in
changing times; Quality of Work life in India; Strategic Human Resource Management:
Essentials, HR Planning, Attracting, Developing and maintaining a quality workforce,
Career management, Performance Appraisal; Managing Organizational Change:
Planned Change; Managing resistance to change ; Organizational Development (OD)
Interventions: Shaping Organizational Culture; Organizational Distress and
Organizational Stress Prevention; OD efforts in India ; Leadership as a management
function: Influencing, Inspiring and Rewarding Effort at work; Job design in Indian
Scenario ; Managing Workforce Diversity; Corporate Social Responsibility, Ethical
Issues at work, Indian Scenario.
1. G. Dessler, Human Resource Management, Prentice Hall, 7
2. S. P. Robbins and M. Coulter, Management, Prentice Hall, 9th Edition 2007.
1. C. V. Memoria and S .V. Gankar, Personnel Management: Text and Cases,
Himalaya Publishing House, 22nd Ed, 2002.
2. W. C. French & C. H. Bell, Organisational Development, Prentice Hall, 4
3. S. P. Robbins, Organizational Behavior: Concepts, Controversies and
Applications, Prentice Hall, 9th edition, 2001.