NIT Jalandhar Syllabus for Quantitative Methods in Construction Management
CE 444 Quantitative Methods in Construction Management [3 0 0 3]
Introduction and concepts of probability and statistics, Optimization through Linear programming-Need for linear programming, Linear programming model, dual problem, dynamic programming.
Transportation model, solution of Transportation model, Assignment problems, solution of
assignment problem. Queuing theory- waiting line models, deterministic model, probabilistic
model, Decision theory- decision analysis, decision under uncertainity, Nature of Games, Games
model, solution of Games model, simulations as applied to construction- simulation models, steps
in simulation, Monte carlo simulation. Modifications and improvement on CPM/PERT techniques.
1. Verma M “Construction Planning and Management Through System Techniques”
Metropolitan Book Company, New Delhi, 1985.
2. Chitkara K K “Construction Project Management – Planning, Scheduling and
Controlling” Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi, 2000.
3. O’Brien J “CPM in Construction Management” McGraw Hill, New York, 1999.
4. Harris R B “Precedence and Arrow Networking Techniques for Construction” John
Wiley & sons, New York, 1999.
5. Levy S “Project Management in Construction” McGraw hill, New York, 2000.