Mixed Signal IC Design Syllabus for NIT Jalandhar
Mixed Signal IC Design
Introduction: Introduction to analog VLSI and mixed signal issues in CMOS technologies
MOS transistor: Introduction, Short channel effects, current source and current mirror, C-MOS circuit
Basic Integrated Circuit Devices and Modeling: MOS and BJT transistor modeling, CMOS and bipolar processing – CMOS and analog layout consideration MOS and CMOS sample and hold circuit – bipolar and BiCMOS sample and hold – switched capacitor circuits – data converters
D/A and A/D converters : introduction A/D and D/A, various type of A/D converter, ADCs, ramp,
tracking, dual slope, successive approximation and flash types, Multi-stage flash type ADCs
OP-AMP : Op-amp- analysis, approximations and modelling; Ideal op-amp building blocks, Open loop opamp configurations, Practical op-amp- Offset voltage analysis and compensation, Input bias and offset current analysis and compensation, frequency response, slew rate, Block diagram representations and analysis of configurations using negative feedback, Designing of Op-amp
Specialized IC’s: 555 Timer-Monostable, multivibrator, astable multivibrator, Applications and Phase locked loop-Operating principles and applications of PLL.
1. D. A. Johns and K. Martin, Analog Integrated Circuit Design, Wiley Student Edition, 2002.
2. P. R. Gray and R. G. Meyer, Analysis and design of Analog Integrated circuits 4th Edition,
Wiley Student Edition, 2001.
2. R.Jacob Baker,H.W.Li, and D.E. Boyce CMOS Circuit Design ,Layout and Simulation, Prentice-
Hall of India,1998
3. Mohammed Ismail and Terri Faiz Analog VLSI Signal and Information Process, McGraw-Hill
4. Paul R. Gray and R.G.Meyer, Analysis and design of Analog Integrated circuits John Wiley and
5. B. Razavi, RF Microelectronics, Prentice-Hall PTR,1998
6. P. E. Allen and D. R. Holberg, CMOS Analog Circuit Design, 2nd edition, Oxford University