NIT Jalandhar syllabus for List of Experiments Soil Mechanics Lab
NIT Jalandhar syllabus for List of Experiments Soil
CE 321 Soil Mechanics Laboratory [0 0 2 1]
List of Experiments
1. Visual Examination of soil samples. Field identification tests. Classification as per IS
2. Determination of water content of soil:
a. By oven drying method
b. Pycnometer method
c. Calcium Carbide method
3. Determination of in- situ density by core cutter method and sand replacement method.
4. Determination of Liquid Limit & Plastic Limit by Casagrande apparatus and penetrometer
5. Determination of specific gravity of soil solids by pyconometer method.
6. Grain size analysis of given sample of sand and determination of coefficient of uniformity
and coefficient of curvature.
7. Hydrometer analysis.
8. Direct shear test on a given soil sample.
9. Unconfined compression test for fine-grained soil.
10. Triaxial Shear Test.
11. Lab vane shear test
12. Determination of permeability by constant head Methods and variable head method.
13. Compaction test (Proctor) and Modified proctor test. Plot of zero air voids line.
14. Consolidation Test